Monday, September 10, 2012

A post in which I change my mind (not about anything important)

One of my birthday gifts was a fancy-schmancy back brush from Wilenda.  Now ordinarily I don't use such.  I tried one once and thought it was going to tear my back to shreds, so it wasn't something I would ever have bought for myself.  Since I had one, though, I decided to give it a try this morning.  NICE!  This one had natural bristles instead of hard plastic ones, and it just made all the difference.  So I scrubbed my back thoroughly and purred like a walrus.

I was almost, but not quite, completely worthless at work today.  No idea why.  I just couldn't seem to get my mind focused to do anything worthwhile. 

I did order the finishing set of Joan Hickson Miss Marple movies with the Amazon gift card JP and Lori gave me.  I had been waiting for a larger set - I bought the initial set of nine movies years ago, but the second set had only three movies in it.  After doing the research today, I found that the series was only twelve, so there just weren't any more.  I loves me some Joan Hickson. 

After work my only dilemma was what to eat for supper.  I had Chinese take-away left over (sadly overdone scallops in garlic sauce), I could stop and get a salad, or I could roust Rhonda and take her with me to claim my free birthday burger from Red Robin (yet another perk of being Red Robin Royalty).  I decided to just stop and get a salad.  I didn't really feel like going out tonight, and I have supper out tomorrow night with Dad and Eve anyway (a double-shot this week, but after the Cindy thing I don't have the heart to beg off). 

When I headed up to the check-out with my bag o' lettuce though, it was grocery-geddon.  I don't know what was going on, but the self-check was down, and there were about 750 people in line at the other open registers.  I immediately thought I have never wanted a salad this bad.  I put it back and went on home to scavenge. 

I vegged in front of the telly and threw a bag of corn in the microwave - it had been in the freezer forever and it needed to be eaten anyway.  I eventually cobbled together some nachos from some odds and ends I had laying around.  It was fine. 

No comments: