Thursday, September 13, 2012

A post in which I get some stuff done

I finally got the last of the August write-offs back from Alan today.  I'm thinking about bribing him with doughnuts to get him to clean out his in-box.  He has a sweet tooth almost as bad as mine.

I started working on thank you notes today, only to realize that I hadn't gotten a big one for the boys.  They actually hosted the party, which meant cleaning the house, having a house full of guests, baking the cake, etc; so they really should get a big thank you card too.  I did get the rest of the thank you notes done from the party though, and that was a weight off.  I also realized that I forgot to get Ava's birthday card, and realized the despite Rhonda reminding me TWICE I still forgot to send Lady Beth a card.  So I sent her an email.  Which doesn't do much good because she doesn't read emails. 

After work tonight, it was back to the Dollar Tree.  I think I am getting addicted, but they have such nice stuff!  Like tonight, I bought a beautiful bow for Ava's present, which would have been $3-$5 at the card store, for $1.  You just can't beat that.  I would have gone to the real card store for her birthday card, but I found a really cute one that I actually liked.  Besides, she's five.  She couldn't care less about the card.  I still wrote a cute note in it for her.  I bought a belated birthday card for Lady Beth, shamefully (I figured it would be better than not sending one at all), and picked up a thank you card for the boys. 

Hurrying on home, I got stuck in.  I finally got my movies organized and put away.  That was long overdue - I've had movies stuck all over the house for the longest time - but it took about an hour.  My Joan Hickson movies had arrived today (Yay! - Already!!) so I put one in while I did movies and made and ate supper.  Then I cleaned up the kitchen and wrapped Ava's present.  It turned out looking pretty good.  It's really unusual for me to be that far ahead of the game, so I started wondering how I could screw it up (I am notorious for present mishaps) and I thought the only way I could really mess up now was to forget the gift - so I took it on out and put it in the car.  That way I can't forget it tomorrow night.

I put away my shoes, cleaned out the fridge, and tried to get organized a bit, but there are still birthday gifts sitting out.  But by this time it was nine, and my feets were hurting.  I packed my pills and my clothes for the trip to Columbia and went on to bed (with another Joan Hickson in the DVD player - one of my favorites Pocket Full of Rye).  David will just have to work around stuff tomorrow.  I was too tired to do any more.  I tossed and turned for a while.  Despite how tired I was I had a hard time getting to sleep.  I 'm ready to leave for Columbia. 

No comments: