Friday, September 14, 2012

A post in which I finish up the week

Of course since I was excited about the trip, I slept poorly.  I SO did not want to go to work today, but there was nothing for it but to go. 

Possibly because I was so loathe to be there, I buckled down and was a very good boy at work today.  I got account reconciliations done and got my little writ-offs done.  Well for one agency, anyway.  The other one is trying to get us some Canadian funds remitted, which is apparently a full-time job (they've been trying to get this done since April - but we're close).  Despite my bribing Alan with an offer of doughnuts, he refuses to clean out his in-box, so there will be a huge catch-up for me when he finally does; but in the meantime there is little I can do about it.

After work I was out like a shot.  During all the purposing last night I had forgotten to get cat food, and I was almost out.  There was no way I could leave town without doing that - Jinx might well have eaten Krooner while I was gone.  Fortunately it didn't take too long.  $37.00 for CAT FOOD - $2.46 a pound.  I could feed them chicken cheaper.  And that's without tax.  Craziness.  It just keeps going up.  Every time I buy cat food I think I'm going to change it, but when you do that Jinx vomits everywhere.  For weeks.  Still.

I ran home, fed the cats, threw stuff in the car, and headed down the road.  I didn't want to stop to eat.  Usually I stop at the one exit between Simpsonville and Columbia and eat at Subway.  But I wasn't too keen on Subway tonight, and didn't want to take the time, so I just threw a bag of Combos in the car and munched on down the road.  I love those things, and I almost never allow myself to have them unless it's on the road.  Cheddar Cheese Cracker are the BEST ones (and Miss Kat agrees, so you can't argue with that). 

I made good time and got there a little after 8:00. 

Mom and I caught up on what was going on and talked for a while, but I was wiped.  And tomorrow is another long day.

No comments: