Sunday, September 16, 2012

A post in which it is a very long and busy Sunday*

I slept surprisingly well, and woke up to face the day. I really should have headed on home this morning, but Mom likes for me to stay and visit some on Sunday - she feels kind of abandoned if I run off first thing. But it was going to be a very busy day today, so we got moving. First it was breakfast at Lizard's Thicket, where the staff (always nice) were above-and-beyond cheerful and helpful. We went on to US1 Flea Market, where I thought it was basically a junk show today. Then I ran across a pretty bowl in great shape at a really good price:
Sharon oval 9 1/2" vegetable bowl in pink, by Federal Glass Company, circa 1935-1939

Sadly, the produce was lacking today, so I'll just end up eating bananas this week, which is fine.  We usually do both flea markets, but I begged off the second one.  We headed back to the house, where I threw things in the car (Mom, as usual, sending back a ton of food she bought for the visit that we didn't eat LOL) and headed home.

When I got home I unloaded and got to work.  There were many things to do.  I unpacked, stripped the bed, and started washing sheets.  Then I made tea and coffee (it's still hot enough that I'm drinking iced coffee in the morning).  I rounded up a buddy for a quick visit, then did the cat chores, showered up, and headed for the store for cheese ball fixin's.  Getting home from the store, I changed out a load of laundry, put together a cheese ball for tomorrow's covered dish at work, and cleaned up the kitchen from all of that.

I had time to sit down for about thirty minutes or so before it was time to head for the bear dinner.

The dinner tonight was at Saffron.  I LOVE that place.  When we went the last time, Logan had ordered some Tandoori Salmon that I was sure would be over-done, but when it arrived it not only looked and smelled gorgeous, it was perfect.  I had a bite of his.  This morning, I had purposefully passed up salmon patties at Lizard's Thicket so I could have Tandoori Salmon Tikka tonight (plus I had eaten a tiny lunch because I was saving up for a big meal).  Sadly, it was over-done tonight.  There were several orders for it, and I guess they had a hard time coordinating all of that on top of our being such a large party.  I was disappointed though, because they have several of my favorite things on the menu (which are stews, and much easier to get right consistently) that I passed up to have it.  Still, the main reason for the dinner was to see people, and I got to see all the guys. 

Afterwards, I went by RBL's house to get my goat cheese, a present from Jo Ann and Rob that I had forgotten after the party and still hadn't picked up.  I would have loved to stay and visit - I'm kind of in boy withdrawal - but it was already after 9:00pm, tomorrow was work, and after the weekend I was just wiped.  There was nothing to be done but go home and turn in.  Which I did. 

No comments: