Friday, September 28, 2012

A post in which I am off to Columbia

It was pretty busy today.  I had a large account go south and ended up coordinating about 400 documents to try to get the case ready for legal.  I got it all done, but I spent most of the day doing it.

I got home and threw stuff in the car.  I had put  a list together so I wouldn't forget anything, and was able to just go through and tic things off.  I was on the road by about 7pm, which is pretty good. 

I had told Lisa that I would eat on the way down, but my stomach felt wonky, and once you get past Simpsonville, there really aren't many places to stop.  So I showed up at Lisa's tired and hungry (later).  Now I knew not to expect largess in Lisa's pantry.  Funds are short, Cole's gone all the time, and neither Lisa nor Ava eat enough to really bother dirtying a plate.  But I was quite surprised that the cupboard was mostly bare.  There were some Chinese left-overs to be had though, and I was glad to have them. 

Ava and I played as Lisa and I talked.  She is really all about kings and queens right now, so we were royalty for most of the evening (act surprised).  She is also usually a queen kitty now, instead of a regular cat. 

Ava and I, playing 'King and Queen' - shut up

I was also surprised that the living room was fairly empty.  Carl had apparently taken most of the living room furniture, so she had kind of filled in as she was able.  Since her settlement had come in, that was one of the things we were going to do tomorrow - shop for some furniture. 

I had taken several movies with me, and we put one in - it was an early Miyazaki, and was pretty long though.  Just as we both decided we were going to have to go to bed, it ended. 

No comments: