Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A post in which I have much to do

So I paid for watching Cabin in the Woods last night.  I was up three different times, and had problems going back to sleep each time.  I kept thinking about the monsters they had in boxes under that cabin and being worried that one of them had been let loose in the house with me.  Of particular worry was that ballerina with all the razor-sharp teeth that made up her face (I can't handle it when they use kids in these movies), the IT-esque clown (I hate all clowns, but especially evil clowns), and my old phobia the wolf man.  Sigh.  I hate that I'm such a weenie, but I just don't enjoy that stuff.  So I just kept turning on the TV and trying to distract myself.  It didn't make for a fabulous night's sleep though.

My schedule is just nuts.  I firmed up with Lisa that I'll go down there for the auction Saturday morning.  That means leaving to drive down Friday night.  David comes Friday.  I had also asked Rhonda out to dinner one night this week.

I got in touch with Rhonda and confirmed her for Thursday night.  That meant that anything else I needed done I had to get done tonight.  I needed to:

- buy fruit for Friday's lunch (I only have enough for four days)
- prepare a green vegetable for Friday's lunch (the green beans run out tomorrow)
- pick up various other odds and ends at the grocery store
- pack a bag to throw in the car Friday night
- prepare the house for David to come
- fix the wheel on the lawn mower so Khavis can mow on Friday
- pick up my prescriptions
- put gas in the car

So I stopped at the store on my way home.  As I pulled in I got a text from Billy.  He wanted for us to go for sushi with Vince tomorrow night.  So I got in touch with Rhonda, and made sure that was OK.  It was, which solved that problem.  But Russ wouldn't be done with work until at least 7:30pm (think 8ish), which means I won't even be able to sneak in anything else tomorrow night.  But I had pretty much planned on that anyway, and I really want to see Vince.

As I was checking out at the grocery store, I remembered the fruit I hadn't picked up.  That meant I had to go back out.  Dammit.

I got home, put the groceries away that I had bought (the veggie bacon was what I really wanted anyway) and fell into the internet vortex briefly in a most irresponsible fashion. 

I was hungry, but I wasn't going to allow myself to eat until I went back out.  I knew if I ate first, I would get lazy and not go back out.  I could have picked up fruit Friday morning, but a) I hate having to go to the store before work; and b) I already have David coming Friday morning, and any extra time I have I'll need to do the things I need to do to get ready for him the morning of. 

So out I went.  I got my prescriptions and picked up some other stuff I needed from CVS.  I went to the store and bought the fruit (and also picked up some eggs, which I also needed).  When I got home I stuck dinner in the microwave (thank you Eve for the enchiladas), and washed dishes while my dinner heated up.  When it came out, I fell upon it like a ravening wolf.  While I was at the store, I had picked up some Sweet Dreams cookies.  I need those like I need nuclear waste in my shorts, but they are so delicious that they are hard to resist.  These were on the sale rack tonight, and were $2 off.  It was just more than my willpower would bear.  So I had two of those for dessert.  While I was eating them, I thought about Jason.  The last time he was here I bought some because I felt bad, and he said "These are absolutely delicious - and I could kick you in the head for getting me to taste them."  That pretty much sums it up.

By the time I finished eating and washed the dishes, it was after nine, and I was pretty much done for the night.  I don't know how I'm going to get everything done, but I feel that I should have at least a half hour to relax before I go to bed. 

No comments: