Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A post in which I eat crab cakes

It's been very, very quiet this week with Alan out.  He's out next week too (at least for most of the week, he has a meeting scheduled with me for next Friday). 

OK, confession time.  I tried to weasel out of dinner with the 'rents tonight.  I had just seen them Sunday, will see them again this Saturday at Ava's birthday party, and then again next Tuesday on supper night.  Four times in two weeks just seems a bit much.  I didn't hear from Eve all day today, which generally means they are busy, or don't feel well or something.  But when I sent her a text, she said she was cooking supper for me, so I had to go.  It was OK, I was just tired, and feeling a bit over-parented right now.

The visit was pleasant though.  I tried to show them my birthday video, but for some reason it wouldn't play on either of their laptops. 

Supper was crab cakes - yummy!  With vegetable skewers and rice.  But there was macaroni salad in the fridge, and Dad of course wanted it on the table.  I'm enough like him that if there's macaroni salad on the table I don't want any rice. 

We visited for a while, and talked about the upcoming party for Ava.  Since I had just seen them on Sunday there were all caught up on my stuff.  I left a bit early and went on home to get ready for bed.  I was very sleepy. 

No comments: