Friday, September 21, 2012

A post in which it is dinner with Miss Kat and Dana

They invited me out tonight for dinner to celebrate my birthday, since they didn't come to the surprise party.  I was there early, and wearing my new Gamecocks shirt they bought for me.  While I was waiting, I got a call from Nance's in Myrtle Beach.  Mom is down there with here sisters this week, and had left her phone at the restaurant.  Using a nationwide hookup, I got through to Cole, and then to Lisa, who had the practical suggestion to get my aunt's number out of Mom's phone.  She eventually did get it back.  At the same time, Dad and Eve were sending me a text from Brown Street Club, where they were using the Christmas gift certificate I got them to have dinner.  Also, I ran into Dana's friend Charlie in front of the restaurant and was talking to him.  Then Miss Kat and Dana arrived, and we were paged to take our table.  There was a lot going on.

We got inside and sat down and started talking after looking over the menu.  I felt fingers poking the back of my head, and turned around to find Rhonda and Sabrina (aka Boo) at the table behind us!  So it was old home week at the Red Lobster.  It's always good to see Miss Kat and Dana, and they had brought me a gift card to The Fresh Market, which is always, always a good choice and lots of fun for me.  I love going in there to shop and pretending I'm rich too.  So after I eat up the goat cheese (the birthday luxury I'm currently enjoying) I'll be able to get some more fancy groceries.  I see some of their incomparable pimento cheese in my future - theirs is the best store-bought I have ever eaten, and part of my favorite lunch ever.  Yummm.

So dinner was lovely.  I ordered the endless shrimp special and at 8,652 shrimps.  After supper we headed over to their house to relax and visit.  Even Helen came upstairs and talked for a minute.  It was a very nice evening, and a great way to wind up my jubilee birthday celebrations. 

No comments: