Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A post in which I am poorly

I woke up this morning feeling like crap. I’ve had a little tickle in my chest for the past couple of days. It had turned croupy this morning, and I was running a low-grade fever. Dammit. My friends have been passing around and upper respiratory infection, and apparently it’s my turn to have it.

I wouldn’t have been so upset about it if we weren’t leaving for the beach next week. The trip I took with Mom last year turned in to such a disaster that I really don’t want anything to mar this year. I called in and made an appointment to see the doctor.

It’s ironic to me that I usually end up busier when I stay home than if I went on in to work. All I really wanted to do was lay down, but I had to get cleaned up and stuff so I could go to my appointment. I just made it. Then I had to go to the drug store afterwards.

By the time I got home, I was well and truly wiped. I took my meds, ate something and napped for a bit. I did feel a bit better later and put a load of laundry in. I have to get clothes washed for next week since I’m a bit backed up at the mo.

Russ called again today about going to Savannah this weekend. As much as I’d love to go, being gone five days next week is just going to be enough traveling for me. I need to get in touch with Jennifer and Christina about their pool party this weekend, but right now the possibility of any revelry seems remote.

I also called Dad, since I had intended to go see him tonight. I asked about coming tomorrow, and since I’ll have been on meds for 24 hours by that time we set it up. Lots going on right now, but I’m promising myself a good period of rest this weekend.

No comments: