Monday, September 27, 2010

A post in which I pay for playing yesterday

I woke up this morning feeling unexpectedly good after all of yesterday’s adventures. Thankfully the E-B seems to be gone, rather than hanging around as it did this spring. I had my coffee and headed on in. It was dark this morning when I went out on the porch. Season’s changing.

I had lots of chores to do on the way home tonight since I played all day Sunday. I put it off by dropping a book on CD at the library, then went on to the grocery store. When I got home I ate a salad and then started cooking. I put the squash on the stove and put the saffron rice in the rice cooker, then stripped the bed, re-made it, and started the sheets washing. I folded the laundry that had been in the dryer.

I finished eating supper while my rice cooled, then packed up all the saffron rice and squash into lunches for this week. By the time I had finished cleaning up the kitchen, it was storming. I did want to rest for just a few minutes, and sat down in front of the telly with my computer on to finish my birthday Oreos. It was raining hard enough that the satellite signal went out, but that was actually kind of nice. I could hear the rain outside snicking on the windows and the house felt cozy. The signal came back on eventually, but by that time I was pretty well done in. I gratefully tucked myself between clean sheets.

No comments: