Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A post in which I visit Eve after her surgery

I slept a solid 8 hours last night, but woke up feeling like I had done it in the back of a truck - a lumpy truck.

It was a busy day at work, but I got everything done.

I called Dad at quitting time, and he said that Eve would like some spaghetti from Capri’s, so I went and got that and took it in to them. I was on my way back to the hospital when I called Dad to get the room number again, only to be told they were home! I was quite surprised that they had release Eve already after such major surgery, but I guess that’s the way it goes now. I went on to the house.

She didn’t eat very much, but she seemed heavily on the pain meds, as well she should be. I ate and talked to Dad while the usual parade of E! Entertainment Television (somewhat ironically named, to my mind) and the like droned on. Apparently Ashton Kutcher has now had an affair. Who cares? There’s a new one every week! Who could possibly care at this point? But apparently there is an endless fascination with such matters.

If I had to watch that drivel spew every night, I would jump off a ledge. I much prefer SpongeBob reruns. So I guess we all have our own drivel.

I didn’t stay late. I started feeling bad again. I went home and turned in early.

No comments: