Saturday, September 25, 2010

A post in which I watch the game with Miss Kat and dana

I had promised myself all week that I would sleep as late as I wanted to this morning. That promise I kept.

I had talked to dana last night about visiting tonight, and she called me just as I was thinking about getting moving. That ended up being about noon. She told me to head on over whenever I felt like it. I wanted to go right then, but the house looked really bad. I haven’t done much you could call housework since before I went to the beach. I thought as I looked around that DSS was going to take the cats if I didn’t do something. I made a compromise with myself and decided I would clean until about three, then get cleaned up and go on over.

Since it was so late I decided to skip the flea market. I need produce, but Russ and I have tentative plans to go to the flea market tomorrow. I can get that then. I hauled off the recycling and then went by the library to pick up a book I had requested. When I got home I cleaned out the fridge, took out the trash, and then hauled the garbage and recycling cans outside and scrubbed them. That had needed doing for quite some time, but I hate doing it and had been putting it off. Leaving those on the deck to dry, I headed inside and dust mopped all the wood, and then thoroughly vacuumed. I ran over the baseboards, got under the furniture, and then did the rugs. By the time I got done, the house looked much better. I felt justified in going on to my much-anticipated visit.

I decided I wanted some cheerleader beer to drink during the game, but couldn’t find any. I ended up having to go to the grocery store, where I found some bottled malt drinks that claimed to taste like a mojito (meh, kinda) and picked up some snacks. I got over to Miss Kat’s place about 4:30.

We had a great time. We visited while watching a movie (Evan Almighty, which was OK but not really anything I would want to see again), then ordered up a cholesterol feast from a local greasy-spoon and watched a bit of telly while we ate supper.

The official designated activity tonight was the Carolina game. dana was pretty surprised that I was interested in watching the game with them, but I enjoy a football game every now and again if I have a team to route for and someone to explain things to me if I don’t understand. dana is a devoted Gamecocks fan, and the team has won the first three games this year. Sadly, the game against Auburn tonight broke the winning streak. They had a phenomenal quarterback that Carolina just couldn’t seem to stop in the second half. Still, we enjoyed most of the game, and it was great to be hanging out with Miss Kat and dana, two of my favorite people. I had a really nice time.

No comments: