Thursday, September 2, 2010

A post in which I have dinner with Dad dn Eve

I walked in today to find a $93k fraud on my desk. Sigh. Not pretty, but it happens. That pretty much set the tone for the day. The month end reports that I use to put together numbers for my boss were wrong – again. I sent in the info to the IT dept and of course didn’t hear peep one back. Plus one particularly annoying account which is paying – by inches – made me wish there was a virtual slap upside the head as an email option. Plus I didn’t feel the best I’ve ever felt, although I felt better than yesterday.

They called today from the framers to tell me that my second painting is framed and ready to roll. I called dana and made sure she would be able to help me hang it. I wanted to pick it up tonight, but remembered I had dinner out to get to.

Soon enough though, it was time to leave, and I was most grateful to do so. Eve had called and asked me to meet them at the Cracker Barrel.

My Uncle Chris ended up being at dinner too. He rode down for the day (three and a half hours each way!). It was good to see him though. He’s a good, nice man. I went back to the house and visited with them for a while after we ate, but I was actually pretty wiped out. It had been a helluva day, and I had finished it off by eating fried shrimp, fries, mac n’ cheese, and fried okra. No, I don’t have an unhealthy relationship with food, why do you ask?

No comments: