Monday, September 20, 2010

A post in which Eve has her surgery

I slept poorly, surprising after coming in so late last night. Less surprisingly, I woke up not feeling terrific, but better than I had expected.

Dad called me at about 11 to tell me that the removal portion of Eve’s surgery was over, and it appears to have gone well. They caught the cancer early, and it hadn’t metastasized. Her lymph nodes look to be clear also. I called him after work to see if I could bring him anything, but he couldn’t talk then. Eventually I called him back after I got home, only for him to tell me there was nothing I could do. Eve had been unconscious for most of the day, which was undoubtedly a blessing.

I called Russ and Billy. We had planned to have sushi tonight, but I had begged off because I thought I should be at the hospital. Russ wasn’t feeling well by this time though, and we re-planned things for Wednesday night.

I ate some supper and relaxed for a bit. I had planned on turning in early since last night was so rough, but just as I was getting ready to do it, Dad called. Eve was awake and wanted a hamburger. I ran over to McDonald’s and took her one to the hospital. Dad just met me downstairs since visiting hours were over, and I told him I would see them both tomorrow night.

No comments: