Saturday, September 4, 2010

A post in which I go to a pool party

It was an absolutely gloriously beautiful day today. The weather was cooler than it has been, and God had just ironed out gorgeous crisp sunshine and draped it all over everything. It would have been a crime to stay indoors in the face of such a divine gift.

I got in the car, ran an errand or two, and then headed to the Anderson Jockey Lot. I passed up a nice half-set of Cherry Blossom. Meh. It was pink, and the guy wanted more money than I had in my pocket; and what was I going to do with a half set anyway? I did see several other pieces, but they were all crystal. Again meh. I mainly just wanted to walk around outside and look at the boys anyway, and I got to do that. I picked up some beautiful white peaches and headed home.

I started putting out feelers to folks, but couldn’t reach anyone. I thought that Jennifer and Christina were having a pool party this weekend, but I found out that they were working. I couldn't reach Nicole. Rick and James were having a party, I found out when I talked to Laura. Russ, Billy, Miss Kat, and dana are all in Savannah, and Donnie is in Pittsburg. So I was just short on the friends in town this weekend.

I lounged around the house for a while and scrubbed my shower, which badly needed it. I decided I deserved a reward. I really hate to clean the bathroom, so anytime I do it I give myself treats. I called Laura to see if they were free, and found that she and Kimbley were over at Rick’s. I decided to crash the party. When Nicole called me later, she decided to do that too.

It was a gorgeous evening. It was nice and cool, the sky was black velvet, and we were relaxing on the deck around Rick and James’s glorious pool. I got in the water for a while. Most of the hard-core people were inside playing poker, but they came out to chat now and again. I got to see Laura’s friend Chris, who is a really nice guy. I just enjoyed hanging out, having some beers, and talking to friends I hadn't seen in too long. I was very glad I went to the party.

No comments: