Friday, September 17, 2010

A post in which I go see Miss Kat and dana

Greg was there too.

Alan was back in the office today, but he had moved our meeting due to his calendar being backed up so I didn’t hear much from him today. By the end of the day though, I was feeling squiffy. I was really worried that I was coming down with that whatever it is that Rod and Mom have been suffering with. By the end of the day I was having a really hard time deciding what I should do tonight.

On the one hand I really wanted to go see Miss Kat and dana as I had arranged, but on the other hand I really didn’t want to give them the pestilence. dana called just as I was on the horns of the dilemma, and as usual short circuited the drama. “Just come on to the house,” she said. “I need your help with something anyway, and I’ll feed you too.” Since I wanted to go so badly anyway I allowed myself to be persuaded pretty easily.

I got home, did a quick change, and headed back out. When I got to the house, they were in a bit of a kerfuffle getting ready for a yard sale they’re having tomorrow. Turns out that dana wanted me to help move a final piece of furniture up from the basement, which I was happy to do, despite how hateful it was to move. Greg and I ultimately got it up there though. They’re also selling the gas stove I wanted, but they offered it to me so long ago (and I haven’t done anything about getting it) that I really couldn’t say anything about it.

It was so great to see them, as always. I have really missed them over the last couple of weeks. We hung out (and watched America’s Funniest Home Videos as we talked and visited) until I needed to go home. I was wiped out, full of pizza (they even got mushroom and onion, my favorite), and had to be up in the morning to drive to Columbia. It was a long day coming up. As much as I want to go to Ava’s birthday party, I’m not sure it’s a great idea with the way I’m feeling, and I needed a fair night’s sleep at least.

No comments: