Saturday, February 16, 2013

A post in which we have folks in town**

And there was a lot to do.

I woke up very early, as I am wont to do these days, and checked my phone.  There is just so much going on now that I have a smart phone.  I got invited out for a very early buddy visit that I probably should not have made.  But I went. 

When I got back to the house I was ravenous and made cheesy egg toast, which I had promised myself I would make this morning.  I breakfasted while I watched a special on clinical obesity and bariatric surgery, ironically.  When I got done I was sleepy, and after last week I knew that I could really use some more sleep.  So I went back to bed. 

I slept for a couple of hours and woke up feeling refreshed.  I decided to get up and go to the flea market.  I have been trying to get there for a couple of weeks to buy doodads for the new phone, but what with one thing and another hadn't made it.  I went today.

It was more difficult than I thought.  My foot is really giving me fits with the plantar faciitis, and that is exacerbated when it is cold.  It's like the tendon 'sets up' and it gets stiff and hurts worse.  But I made my way around OK.  I didn't get a new snazzy phone cover, as I wanted.  The covers I saw were really cheap, and some of them didn't have holes in all the places that the cover I have now does.  I may not know what all those buttons do now, but I figure eventually I'll need access. The cover that is on it now is not exciting, but is obviously a very nice one.  Billy doesn't skimp on his techietoys.  I did, however, find a hip holster for it after looking around a bit. The first guy I looked at was annoying me, so I moved on.  I actually liked the one I bought from a nicer woman better anyway.

I checked around for produce, and bought a BIG bag of fresh broccoli florets for only $2.  That was nice. With the potatoes I bought last week and never cooked, that's lunches.  I wanted some pears, but couldn't find any nice ones.  I may look tomorrow.

I ran by the grocery store for lemon juice, and then by Family Dollar for some toiletries.  I've found that they have a lot of the name brand stuff CVS does, only cheaper.  That done, I headed home to start cooking.

My broccoli florets steamed up deliciously, in minutes.  While they were on, I changed sheets, and started washing sheets.  I had some from Rhonda being here, some from Crooner snotting the set before Tyler came, and now the ones from last night.  Because I had so much to do, I put two sets in at once.  That wonderful washer handled them without a problem.

As I put potatoes on, I heard from Anthony.  He was bored, and free, and wanted to come.  And then he didn't.  And then he did.  The indecision and going back and forth was making me NUTS.  I was trying to get a pot of potatoes on while this was going on.  It had also started snowing. It was warm enough that it wasn't sticking to the roads, but it was pretty thick for a while.  It was very pretty coming down.  I was a bit concerned about Anthony being on the road, but he wasn't worried at all about that.  I finally just decided to go ahead and do what I needed to do, and then get ready as if he were coming.  I had stuff to do tonight anyway.  I got my potatoes done, but messed them up.  I was doing Greek potatoes, and got too much lemon and not enough salt in them.  Ah well.  They were edible, just not as good as other batches I have made.

I got the cat chores done and was showering when Anthony got there (he had finally made up his mind to come, after much vacillation).  The last time he was at the house, he wasn't there that long, but we had a really nice time this afternoon, and he stayed for an hour or two.  That boy has one of the prettiest butts I ever laid eyes (among other things) on.  Seriously.  It makes me wish I painted.  Eventually, though, he had to get back and went on.  I washed more sheets, showered up, and waited for the critter call.

We were all meeting up tonight at RBL's house, even though they were out of town this weekend.  Petal and Marty were in town for a LOCK demo, and Carol was staying at the house to babysit the dogs while the boys were gone.  Miss Kat and Dana wanted to see Marty and Petal too, so we all agreed.  Rhonda, sadly, was not able to come.  She has gotten this crud that RBL and I have had. 

We all ended up at the house around 8:30.  Carol invited her friend Chris, whom I had met at the Hat Party.  I liked him then, and he was better tonight.  I really enjoyed chatting with him, and we all had an enjoyable visit.  We visited on the porch for a while, and then moved in to gather around the television, which we watched sometimes and visited sometimes.  It was a really nice evening, but I ate WAY too much.

No comments: