Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A post in which I am out of sorts*

Today just seemed to rub me the wrong way.

For some reason I was feeling very pent up.  I scanned online (through my new smart phone) off and on through the day without a nibble.

At work, I had two 'living dead' accounts come back, yet again, not wanting to pay what they owe, but wanting to purchase again.  Neither is worth anything, and one has recruited a clueless sales rep as an advocate.  That is always aggravating.

My access to my drive where that stupid ^%$#@!! project resides went down in the middle of the day and never came back up.  This after I spent part of the morning aggravatedly working on this huge waste of time.

When I got off work - finally - I had dinner with Dad and Eve.

Dinner was good, but afterwards Dad once again expounded on his ridiculous belief that the government is going to try to ban all guns, and that this would trigger the second American Revolution.  Sigh.  After trying my best to reason with him, I told him if he was determined to worry about that just to go ahead.  That's his life, and I have wasted so much breath trying to reason with him already in my life.  There is no point in it.  He clings to alarmist NRA propaganda like a truculent three-year-old with a soggy Zwieback cracker.  This goes hand in glove with my uncle's posted (on FaceBook, of course) belief today that within Obamacare is a clause that makes it a requirement that everyone get a microchip implanted in their hand.

It was just the cherry of craziness on an already aggravating day.

When I got home I was checking messages and got the nibble I had been waiting all day for.  After failing to navigate the language barrier, the guy showed up cute, but selfish, demanding, and really not much fun at all.  Be careful what you wish for was never more relevant. 

I turned in, defeated, and hoped that tomorrow would be better.

No comments: