Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A post in which I still feel bad

I woke up this morning feeling pretty crap-tastic.  My steroids had worn off and I was left with this new marginally effective antibiotic.  My appointment was first thing this morning, fortunately.  I lobbied for and received the antibiotic shot they wanted me to have on Saturday.  The doctor seems flummoxed.  She doesn't know why I'm not well, or where we go from here.  She says if this round doesn't work, then I have to go to an ENT for further evaluation.  I'm thinking I need a new GP.  This is a nasty, but fairly garden-variety, upper respiratory infection.  It is ridiculous that I've been sick for two months. 

I had thought about going to eat after the doctor's, but there wasn't anything I really wanted.  I finally decided to buy some frozen garlic toast, which I love, and made some eggs to go with it when I went home.

I slept most of the afternoon, and was surprised to wake up and find that it was almost supper time.  I fed the cats and had a bowl of homemade soup for supper.  Although I felt better, it wasn't the dramatic recovery I was expecting because of the shot.  But I can't stay home any more.  I have month end to prepare for and write-offs that have to be done.  That isn't optional. 

I tuned into a marathon of Face Off, and went to bed watching that.  Tomorrow it's back to work either way.

No comments: