Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A post in which I have dinner with Eve

Work was pretty peaceful today, except for the computers being screwed up for most of the afternoon.  I was able to get done what I needed done (including yet another piece of the hateful project, which is almost done), but I had to listen to Larney bitch incessantly most of the afternoon.

They fed us free lunch today, but the cafeteria reached a new low.  Of course people started to stampede in at 11:30am as soon as lunch was being served.  By 11:55pm they were out of cheese pizza (the lunch was pizza today).  There was no veggie pizza on offer.  I decided to be philosophical about it.  It's not like I'm wasting away from lack of pizza.  They were having salad too, so I decided if they were out when I got down there I'd just have a salad.   As it turns out, by the time I got down there, the only flavor pizza on offer was burnt.  I don't just mean scorched.  I mean there was lingering smoke in the cafeteria.  I would have braved it (they were throwing the worst one away when I walked up), but all that was left was hamburger (it mystifies me why anyone would want a hamburger pizza) and Italian sausage.  I repaired to the saladular area. 
Dinner tonight was at Carrabba's. That was my choice.  I was craving Pasta Weesie.  But I decided to look the menu up online today and checked the nutritional information.  Pasta Weesie has 1,146 calories.  Yeah.  That's just the entree.  That's not counting salad, bread, etc.  Although I was ravenous after having salad for lunch, I still decided to eat something else.  The up side was that since virtually everything on the menu had less calories, I was better off with pretty much whatever else I wanted.  I had seafood cannelloni, which was excellent.

Eve and I chatted pleasantly over supper.  I was able to give her an idea for things she could cook when she went to see her cousins in Florida again.  Dad didn't come tonight because he is having stomach problems again.  They have him scheduled for a slew of doctor's appointments later in the week to see what's going on.  They suspect gall bladder issues, but he doesn't think that's what is going on.

After supper we took a take-away back to him at the house and I visited for a bit. Dad was in pretty good spirits, despite his tummy, and things went well enough. 

I went by the grocery store (again) on the way home, and then tucked into bed with my phone and watching an episode of Face Off.  Love that show.  Miss Kat and Dana got me hooked on it.

No comments: