Monday, February 18, 2013

A post in which I am *almost* caught up

Alan is out of the office the rest of the week, so we squeezed the twit meeting in today.  Meh, at least it's over.

I had lunch with RBL today.  I hardly ever do that, but I had no idea when I would see them.  Love them much, but it is just crazy trying to catch up with them these days.  It was good to see them, and I caught them up on what's been going on, and thanked them for the nice time I had at their house Saturday night. We also firmed up details for dinner this Saturday.  I'm going to burn the chemo shirts that night.  Marshall and John will be here from Charlotte too. Lunch was at Saffron, and it was as delicious as always.  Knowing that there is a lunch buffet there is a constant temptation for me.  With the added inducement of seeing the boys, it was just irresistible.

The rest of the day was fairly quiet. 

After work I ran by the grocery store, and then home.  I resisted buying groceries I didn't need or have plans for (well, most of them).  I could eat one of my lunches for dinner tonight since I went out for lunch today.  I'm trying hard to be good.  The Thursday dinner night this week is at Korean BBQ, and I'm trying to decide if I can go or not.

Even though I didn't feel like it tonight, one of the things I needed to get done tonight was taxes.  I've meant to do them for the last two weekends and have played instead.  It's ridiculous for me to go on paying interest to the credit card company when I could pay down a chunk of that money.  That's really why I haven't been able to get excited about doing them though.  It's hard to get all fired up about getting the money back when it's all just going to Visa anyway.  I reflected that the sheets I bought last Friday could serve as the 'treat' I usually buy myself when I get my tax return. 

So with a sigh of acceptance, I got out my paperwork and did my taxes tonight.  It took all evening, but it's done and in, and I can put it away and quit dreading it.  It really pisses me off to have to pay to file my taxes online, but I did.  At least there weren't 'remit fees' charged this year, I guess because I paid to file for the state.  In a slight silver lining, because the SCDOR computers have already been gutted, I didn't have any anxiety over the H & R Block computers being hacked.  The crooks already have my information if they want to use it - a dubious comfort. 

I hadn't intended to stay up tonight, but it was the night for RuPaul's Drag Race, and I stayed up to watch.  I completely agreed with the surprise ending tonight.  Both of those girls needed to be sent home.  But the challenge tonight was pretty stupid.  I'm quite sure Ms. Paul has never done ballet in her life, and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't do much better than they did if she tried.  I don't like Alyssa Edwards (she has been markedly circumspect about the 'character' that caused her to lose the title that Coco Motrese took over), but she won the challenge tonight.  I can't deny that.

No comments: