Monday, February 11, 2013

A post in which I see Justin

I had a hard time settling in to work today.  One of the Canadian reports is messed up, which is preventing me from closing the month in Canada.  I emailed them about it Friday, and they emailed me back today with a 'solution' that in no way fixed the problem, so I had to go back again.  Sigh.  People are so lazy.  I did what I needed to do and my follow-ups, but for some reason I just couldn't seem to buckle down.

Tyler got in touch today about seeing each other this week, and we agreed on Thursday, without either of us realizing that Thursday was Valentine's Day.  So I inadvertently ended up with a date for Valentine's.  But then I started thinking I should probably remind him, just in case he wanted to change it.  That is a day with a lot of freight that comes with it.  I also wanted to make sure (although I didn't really think this was the case) that he wouldn't show up with flowers or something.  As I suspected, he hadn't realized, but after some discussion, we decided to go ahead with the date.  He made sure we could 'keep it casual', and I told him that was fine.  So I don't feel a lot of pressure, and it will be nice to have a date on Singles Awareness Day, which I usually loathe.

I also heard from Larry today, in a series of surprisingly enthusiastic texts.  He isn't a talker like I am, and wasn't terrifically demonstrative in person, but from the caliber of texts today, I really made an impression.  Good for me.  In other news, he has decided he thinks he would enjoy giving me a whooping.  On the one hand, it's cute.  He's never done any BDSM play - he can't really have any idea what to do.  But on the other hand, it's nice that he got excited by the little we talked about it, and that he wants to try it instead of running screaming into the night (as sometimes happens).  And we do have good, intimate energy...  I like him.  It will be interesting to see if this goes anywhere.

After work I had dinner plans to see Justin.  We caught each other up on what's been going on, although I think I did a good bit more talking than he did.  Mr. Justin has become a bit of a libertine, which is amusing to me, although I wonder how much I had to do with that.  Not really the influence I want to have on people, but I suppose there are worse things I could inspire people to do right?

We had supper at Corona's, and although the food there is always good, tonight it was even better than usual.  I had the chiles poblanos plate and ate until I hurt. I love those there, and I really ate way too much.

We adjourned to me casa and chatted for a while, but he left abruptly when we remembered that RuPaul's Drag Race was on tonight.  I tucked in and watched it while I chatted on the phone.  Tonight's episode was much better than  last week's.  I agreed with who won the challenge, and I agreed with who they sent home, which doesn't always happen.  Having had my judgment endorsed by The Ru herself, I turned in. 

No comments: