Monday, February 25, 2013

A post in which I feel bad*

I woke up this morning not feeling great.  Since this is time number three, and I had a doctor's appointment anyway (I had emailed the office with an appointment request last Friday before visiting the unicorn office), I just stayed home.

I laid around for a while, and saw a buddy briefly during the morning, which went suprisingly well. 

The doctor's office called me and told me they couldn't see me until tomorrow.  Well crap.  I had the antibiotics from the weekend, but although they had gotten me up and around for the weekend, the steroid shot they had given me was wearing off.  I was feeling run down, and my sinuses were clogging up again.

I watched daytime TV, and made a batch of 'chewy bars' with the last of some supplies I had at the house.  It was an adaptation from the Jiffy cake mix box, and they didn't turn out very well. 

I slept for several hours, and when I got up I felt OK.  I went ahead and made the caldo verde I had planned on eating for lunch this week since I already had all the ingredients.  The problem was that after working fine all day, my computer suddenly decided to start acting up.  Aggravating.  After cussing it roundly for a while, I just called Billy and got him to read me the ingredients off of his computer.  The soup turned out pretty well, just a bit too salty.  I thought Rhonda wouldn't like it.  I had a bowl for supper. 

After supper I messed around with the computer, and after re-loading pretty much everything on it I got it working again.  That was much better than throwing it through the window.

I went to the grocery store and bought the things I had discovered I was out of today.  Then I turned in with the latest installment of RuPaul's Drag Race. 

No comments: