Monday, February 4, 2013

A post in which I get some things sorted*

I didn't feel great this morning but I have felt worse.  I got up and went to work.  There wasn't really a decision to make there, I have the month to close. 

I got a lot of work done, although Alan and Larney both left in the middle of the day.  By virtue of knock-off DayQuil, I was able to make it through, although I was coughing and sneezing.

I also called the doctor's office and left a message that I wanted new meds.  I think whatever this crap is has learned to eat that first one for breakfast, which is why it came back.  I have also read that it's a good idea to switch off antibiotics if a second course is called for.  She's the doctor, but I'm not just going to passively take the same stuff if it isn't working.  I didn't hear back until late in the afternoon.  Everyone is sick.  I also gave them the mail-order service's name so I could try to get the new cholesterol meds sorted.  I will NOT take that Crestor any more.  That stuff is going to put me in a wheelchair.

A little after 5pm, one of the nurses called me (Debbie was out today) to find out what I wanted.  I was shocked.  I figured they had all long since gone home. After hearing the details she said she would talk to the doc and get back with me.  Sigh.  I hung around a little bit, but I wasn't going to stay at the office all night.  It had been a long day, and I was tired. She called me back on my cell at almost 6pm (!!) to tell me that the doc wants to see me.  Again!  This will be the fourth visit to the office over this same illness - that's $100 in co-pays, boys and girls, not counting meds.  I was like, really?  I feel this is an abundance of caution, and told them that I would have to find the time to come in.  I didn't make an appointment.  She also told me that they had actually called in some new meds - good.  When I got to the CVS, they had miraculously already filled them!  The one at my house makes you wait for aspirin.  Also, the pharmacist was cute as a bucket of puppies.  I think he may have been gay.  He was way too good-looking for me, but came around the desk to talk to me about the medication, and was super nice.  Then again, it could just be wishful thinking on my part, and he could just be a good guy.  At any rate, I had my new antibiotics - for another freakin' $50 co-pay.  Since I'm starting up my meds through the mail-order service this month, I have laid out some co-pays on them, but the good thing is that I won't have to do it again for a couple of months.

I'd had a tentitive rendez-vous tonight with a really nice-looking guy, which I had cancelled.  I didn't feel great, and wanted to be at the top of my game when I met this guy, whose name is Randy.  But I've also been talking to a guy named Jeff.  Jeff is cute enough, if troublingly closeted, but he had been burning up my phone all day long.  My DayQuil hadn't worn off yet.  Eventually I just thought what the hell, and invited him over.  He was a nice guy.  Not quite as cute as his SFIP (Suspiciously Flattering Ineternet Photo), but cute enough, and furry.  If he wasn't the king of technique, he made up for that with enthusiasm and cuddliness.  So it was fun, although he had the unsettling habit of grabbing George and going "This is mine, right?"  Well actually not quite yet. 

When he left, I still hadn't eaten any supper, and really wasn't hungry (will miracles never cease?)  I had to eat something before I took my pill though, so I had some PopTarts and finished up some of the butt ends of the SuperBowl snacks before taking my pills and getting ready for bed.  It was the second show of the new season of RuPaul's Drag Race tonight, but I was tired, and the premise of this show seemed pretty dildonic.  I flipped it over to another channel and turned in. 

For a day that had started off pretty sketchy, it ended up pretty well.

No comments: