Saturday, February 2, 2013

A post in which I am disappointed*

I woke up early (really early) but not feeling too bad this morning.  I felt good enough I ran out to visit a buddy.  It was COLD!  24F is too cold for the south.

I came home, stopping to get gas on the way, and picked up some tater wedges at Spinx.  The one near my house has like a little deli counter in there, and there's a gay guy working.  He gave me some extra tater wedges today :-)  As if I needed that!  I went home, ate my wedges, many cookies, and went back to bed.  I have a full weekend this weekend, and I'm low on energy.  Dr. Lombardi told me to get some rest this weekend, despite all I have planned.

Tonight was Bill's birthday party, and I had errands to run.  When I woke up I did house stuff and ate lunch, then threw the recycling in the car and headed out - into the snow.  Yes we had a snow flurry just as I was leaving.  I was thinking great, that just throws a monkey-wrench in everything, but I headed out gamely anyway.  It didn't last long though, and since it was 41F outside now, there wasn't going to be a mess on the roads unless the temperature dropped.

The first stop was the liquor store for a birthday gift.  I had checked with Jake earlier in the week to find out what to get.  Grey Goose vodka is not cheap!  I left there and headed to Out of Bounds to get a birthday card.  I try to support Out of Bounds.  It's the only community center that I know of in Greenville, and the guys who run it do so out of the goodness of their hearts, and for the community.  I don't think it even breaks even.  But today would be a good demonstration as to why.  I went in for a cute nekkid twink card today, and they didn't have any.  The cute nekkid twink card is the staple of the gay tchotchke store.  If they didn't have anything else, they should have that.  But they didn't.  They had a nice selection of Daddy cards, so I got one.  Today they had a great selection of lovely naked lady cards, so I got one of them.  I bought these not because I needed them, but because I knew the next time I needed them they wouldn't be in stock.  It's the same thing when I buy a calendar.  I go and look, and they don't have what I want, so I order online.  Again.  After trying on the leather vest that is almost but not quite what I want, I left. 

I ran by Dollar General to pick up a wine bottle bag, and they didn't have one.  But it was at about that time that my body stopped whispering, and was like WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?  I felt like crap.  I wanted to go home and lie down.  I certainly didn't need to be thinking about going to a party, much less having a date.  I gave in.  The doctor wanted me to get some rest this weekend anyway.

Disconsolate, I called and cancelled the first real date I've had since November.  With a nice, sweet, sexy guy too.  Tyler is too young for me, and I know that, but geez it would have been so sweet to go to the party with a nice, sexy guy that I like on my arm.  But it was not to be.  Next, I sent a text to the guys with my reluctant regrets.  I was SO disappointed.  Turns out Russ has a migraine, and Logan is sick too.

I dropped off the recycling, and then ran by the store.  There were a few things I needed, and if how I was feeling was any indication, I would be home all day tomorrow too. 

I went home to spend the evening by myself.  I had a little pity party, and ate more cookies.  If I don't get better, Richard Simmons is going to have to cut the wall off my house to get me out.

No comments: