Friday, December 21, 2012

A post in which it is the last day of work for a while*

Oh man was I ready to get out of the office today!  Unfortunately there was about three tons of bullshit to wade through before I could leave.  There was so much to do that if they had offered to let us leave early (they didn't, so that was no worry) I wouldn't have been able to go.  I got through the quarterly nap for the credit department, had lunch, got through the twit meeting, and finished up the last of the ISO documents with little time to spare.  And then it was time to GO.  Finally!

I scampered home because my friend Chip was coming up from Florida for the holidays and stopping to see me on the way - and yay me.

He was running about an hour behind, which was fine.  That gave me a little time to de-David the house, change, and relax for a little before he got there. 

He came in looking good.  It's been two years since I've seen him.  He has put on a little weight, but then a) who hasn't?; and b) he's quit smoking.  And good for him.  We decided to go to India Palace for dinner.  He wanted Indian, and apparently no one in Florida will eat it with him.  I would have taken him to Saffron, but this time of year the traffic on Woodruff Road is basically immovable.

As it turns out, it was a good call.  Naresh seemed glad to see me.  The food was great (Chip was very impressed), and they have their own bread, called Poori bread, which is incomparable.  The Palace is the only place to get it.  

We had a lovely meal, caught up over dinner, and headed back to the house, for more catching up.  It was a really nice evening, and a great kick-off to my vacation.

No comments: