Monday, December 10, 2012

A post in which I continue to procrastinate

I found some sugar snap peas in the freezer this morning, perfect for lunch today.  I threw them in the microwave while I was getting ready for work, and lunch was done.  I just knew everything would work out.

The system was once again on the fritz this morning, which threw me off my groove.  I have a LOT to do in the next two weeks.  It will be worth it to be off for ELEVEN (WOOHOO!!) days in a row, but in the meantime, I really need to hustle my butt. 

Since the system was down anyway I balanced my checkbook, and (despite the results of that) since I had decided this weekend that I really couldn't responsibly wait until after the 14th (when profit-sharing funds) to finish my Christmas shopping, I worked on it this morning.  I had done more than I realized, and I pretty much finished up today.  I have a few more little things to buy, but I'm close. 

The system came back up, but my mojo was busted for the day.  I need to work on ISO, and had said I would start today, but I didn't.  I did my regular work, and with the system issues, and with my boss out of town (dealing with his remote email requests) that took up most of the day. 

I continued procrastinating after work.

I had my shopping list since I hadn't done the shopping yesterday, and I had to go by the library to pick a book I had reserved.  While I was there, I checked and found that, amazingly, the audio version of A Redbird Christmas was actually in!  I found the book by accident several years ago, and it has become a favorite.  I had intended to put it on reserve, and couldn't believe it wasn't checked out, but I did so immediately. 

I went on to the store and did my shopping, buying many gratuitous veggies to stock the freezer so I won't have an excuse to eat crap.  When I got home I put a pot of broccoli on the stove so I would have a green veggie to go with my taters for lunches this week.  I ate some supper.  When I got done I was surprised to see that it was already after 8pm.  That was a good enough excuse to put off doing Christmas cards for the night.  That means they'll have to be done Wednesday if I'm doing them at all this year (tomorrow night is supper with Dad and Eve).

So I packaged up my broccoli for lunches, cleaned up the kitchen, and turned in.  There was a Family Guy marathon on telly, but I was tired enough that I didn't watch much of it. 

No comments: