Thursday, December 6, 2012

A post in which it is dinner out with the boys

I woke up this morning feeling like I was crawling out of a hole.  I did sleep through, but could tell I could have slept longer.  The pills I'm taking now (Temazepam) were prescribed when I was in treatment.  They work great, but they are addictive, so I don't take them until after I haven't slept for a couple of nights.  Plus I'm trying to ration them out - I know my GP will never prescribe them for me.  I wake up slowly, but they don't drag me out.  Once I got up, I felt fine, not hung over or drowsy.

I decided to get something taken care of this morning that I've been thinking about for a while.  I needed to buy something, but had been putting it off.  One of the reasons was that I didn't know where to get it, but I found a website that I felt I could probably trust, and jumped in an made the plunge today.  Hopefully it will all work out.

Speaking of purchases, well this 'no Christmas shopping' thing isn't working out so well.  I did buy a couple of gifts just to appease myself.  The problem is that I have been buying for myself, which wasn't exactly the idea.  Since I haven't been Christmas shopping, I have two new t-shirts, a movie, and a bottle of shower gel. 

I talked to Mama today to wish her happy birthday.  She's 66 today.  She sounded good, and has plans to go out to dinner with friends tonight.  I was glad to hear that.  I know birthdays can be hard when you're single.  It's a milestone thing. 

Work was quiet today.  I'm about done with month-end, so I really have no excuse not to be working on my ISO docs, but I didn't.  I'm thinking maybe I'll start next week...

An interesting thing that happened today was that I started talking to Daniel, Justin's ex.  I liked him when they were going out, but frankly thought he would be better suited to me than to Justin.  To that end, I called dibs on him.  Justin was OK with that, but it seems that the word never got through to Daniel.  Shortly after the break-up he started seeing someone else.  But he's not seeing that guy any more, and we had a very nice conversation today.  I would like to see more of him, and he seems amenable.  He's a heckuva nice guy.  If nothing else, I think I would just enjoy spending some time with him.

After work, I had another quick change around to do.  I bought Mom a birthday card (I know - but last year during treatment I killed myself getting her card in the mail on time, and then she didn't pick up her mail for three days so it made no diff).  Then it was home, wash dishes, feed the cats, change, and then run by the post office to mail said card before heading to dinner. 

Tonight was dinner night with Russ and Billy's new posse.  We were going to La Parrilla, and since a) I had been talking myself out of going there all week anyway; and b) the meals didn't cost as much as a small car, I decided to go.  I was the first one there, and got a table.  As luck would have it, Lee and Todd showed up first, so I had them all to myself for a bit; but when Russ got there he sat with Todd, and they immediately started talking about hair hair hair hair hair.  Lee was engrossed in his phone (I get the feeling he is kind of a player - well living in a glass house there, and he certainly has the body for it). 

It was nice, as it always is when we're all out together.  I think I once again had the worst food at the table, but mine wasn't bad or anything, and it was lighter than I expected which was good.  I had a side of that Mexican cole slaw, and enjoyed having an order to myself.  It's yummy.  The last one to arrive was Joel, Logan's friend, and he ended up sitting across from me, which was the last seat.  So I was surrounded by hot single guys.  None of them were interested in me, but hey, you can't have everything right?  Jake was at the other end of the table tonight, but I went and sat with him, Bill, and John for a bit.  I think I make John nervous.

The waitress was very nice, but once again the waitress there was too involved with us.  She got really personal.  I don't want a server to be my friend - I just want them to bring my food.  But it's not like you can complain about your server being too nice, right? 

As we left, Vince was distributing some of his (apparently vast) collection of erotica, which he has apparently decided not to move.  He had two bags of stuff to give away, and we were all supposed to pick blind.  On the first round I got a calendar from 2007.  Yeah, I was underwhelmed.  I mean, I guess it's collectible and all, but not exactly something I collect.  On the second round I got a comic book of sorts that looked more interesting. 

We decided to go over to Yogurt Molehill for dessert.  Yes, I was again underwhelmed (and certainly don't need the extra calories), but I was enjoying the company and decided to go on over.  The yogurt wasn't quite as candle-esque as I remembered, and they had peppermint flavor for the holidays.  Peppermint is my favorite ice cream flavor (well one of them anyway), and the yogurt wasn't bad.  They also had 'chocolate mint' in which I could detect no hint of mint, but which had a good texture (I taste anything there before I get it now after the first experience I had).  The best part about dessert was ending up at a table with Logan and Joel talking.  I really like Joel.  He's very nice and approachable for a hot guy, and of course Logan is a sweetheart.  I really enjoyed myself. 

They were leaving to go to the shop to fix Vince's hair after that (long story), but I was turning into a pumpkin and headed on home.

When I got there, I flipped through that erotica/comic book thing Vince had given me.  It was some pretty disturbing shit.  I had seen one that Logan got that looked rather disturbing as well.  Apparently Vince's sexual psyche is more twisted complex than I thought.  Who knew?  I don't think I'll be keeping that book.  I'm not sure I want it in the house. 

No comments: