Thursday, December 27, 2012

A post in which it is my down day*

Rhonda had been quite worried that because of all the stuff I have going on I wouldn't have any vacation during my vacation.  I cured that today.

I woke up and fell into the internet vortex until I met a guy named Tori.  He was conspicuously cute, furry, and had private parts that should have been in the Louvre.  Gorgeous.  And tasty.  But I digress.  Of course since he was from Atlanta he had a complex.  He thought he was an uggo because everyone down there is insane.  I hastened to reassure him as best I could.  Sincerely and with great relish. 

After that, I was feeling lazy.  I declared it was nap time. 

When I woke up, I got in touch with Rhonda and scheduled their Christmas dinner for tomorrow.  I also got in touch with Billy and found out that they would be leaving for Savannah tomorrow, so couldn't do dinner.  Grrr. The last thing I had asked them when we left them Sunday was when they were free for dinner.  I'd had crickets from them since.  I told Rhonda that dinner was on, and that unfortunately the boys would not be joining us.

I did get up and get cleaned up.  There were some things I needed to pick up for dinner tomorrow.  Also, I was making extra-big limas for Rhonda tomorrow and I needed to get them soaking if I couldn't find frozen ones.  I started at Publix, and picked up a couple of things, but they didn't have the big limas.  I knew they didn't have them at BiLo.  So it was on to Whole Foods, where we had actually seen them.  Apparently extra-large limas come from Peru (who knew?). 

That accomplished, I got home, put my limas in to soak, and put the sweet potatoes in the oven. 

With my potatoes cooked and my peas quietly soaking, I turned in.  There's a full day ahead of me tomorrow, and company coming.  I will enjoy it too :)

No comments: