Thursday, December 13, 2012

A post in which I get in trouble

Insomnia again.  Ugh. 

I buckled in and got some ISO stuff done today.  I hate doing it so much that I didn't finish that part, but I made some good headway. 

The collection agency rep was up from Atlanta today doing a holiday run-through.  He took me to lunch, so we went out for sushi.  Steve was amazingly lucid behind the wheel today, and I didn't feel that I was going to die at any time during lunch today, which was a pleasant surprise.  Lunch was good, and they were glad to see me at Sushi-Masa.  I really should eat there more often.  Their squid roll is still one of my favorites, and they serve korokke at lunch too.

After lunch, it was home for the quick-change.  While I was there, I decided to mix a Christmas CD for Vince, as kind of a thank you for his getting the Katy Perry CD for me a couple of weeks ago.  While it was burning I opened my mail.  I had a card from Bill, John, and Jake.  And here I thought I made John uncomfortable.  (Well I still may, but they sent me a card.)  I thought that was very sweet.  Bill later told me they don't usually send Christmas cards, but he decided to do so on a whim this year. 

Tonight was dinner out with the RBL Thursday night lineup.  Logan was going to see The Hobbit tonight, so he wasn't there, but we were still 12.  Lee came in with two guys, Jimmy and Chad.  Jimmy I didn't know, but Chad has kicked me to the curb several times online.  He was gracious enough to make no mention.  The lovely Joel showed up with a date named Matt, who was conspicuously beautiful.  It was Joel's birthday, and presumably he had quite a present waiting to be opened.

Dinner tonight was at Portofino's.  I was still trying to be good, and ordered the Pomodoro pasta.  I hadn't eaten a huge lunch today partially because I knew I would be going out to dinner tonight.  They finally seated us, and we waited.  And waited.  After about forty-five freakin' minutes we finally got some salad.  I know we were 12, but they just weren't that busy tonight, plus they seated us around 8pm, after the dinner rush.  After I had some salad, though, I felt better. 

I had been sending messages back and forth with Josh today about the weekend, ect; and was really looking forward to seeing him.  I mentioned this to Billy and we were talking about my personal life, and the relevant decisions therein.  I've made a decision about Jason.  I still haven't heard from him (he was supposed to call me last Saturday).  I'm just going to call him this Saturday and tell him I want a break.  Maybe he should touch base with me once he gets down here. 


From there we moved on to Josh.  Billy is happy for me that I'm really interested in someone.  That is uncommon in the last six years since Michael left.  There was a small problem though.  Josh apparently had his hair cut by Russ and didn't go back.  Russ has been after me to find out why.  Well I knew, but I knew that the answer wouldn't make Russ happy.  Russ's feelings can be pretty easily bruised.  I had talked to Josh about this, and gotten a text earlier in the week about it from him, giving me permission to talk to Russ about it since he was kind of hounding me for an explanation. 

When I told Russ the reason, he was upset.  Being Russ, he can't let anything go, and sent a text message to Josh apologizing, etc.  The next thing I see is a text from Josh that says "YOUR ASS IS GRASS".  Now I didn't know Russ had sent Josh a text until that point.  I went outside to call Josh, who wouldn't
answer his phone.  The only thing I could do was find out what Russ had sent, and text Josh profuse apologies.  So now Russ is mad, Josh is upset with me, and I really, really don't want to be in the middle of all this. 


I sent Josh a copy of the text he sent me earlier in the week giving me permission, and apologized profusely.  He said we still have a date for Saturday.  I got Russ's feathers somewhat smoothed, through long practice, although I could tell that he still felt ill-used.  Sigh.
So now if I start dating Josh, things will be tense between him and Russ.  But one hurdle at a time.  I just got my date for Saturday confirmed again.  One day at a time. 

So I ate my pasta, visited with the guys, and flirted.  It was a nice evening.

No comments: