Sunday, December 16, 2012

A post in which it is a rainy day

But a nice one. I was up at 7am, but just got online and messed about for a while.  I saw Josh online, and chatted with him for a little bit, but he had little to offer but 'guy' answers that weren't really answers at all.  Apparently, despite the hundred or so text messages we exchanged last week, we didn't have plans yesterday.  I told him how this made me feel very peripheral (i.e. shat upon), and he insisted that I wasn't peripheral, then said "I'm sorry that you feel that way." which is really no apology at all.  I just don't understand how he could be so sweet in person, and such a jerk today.  A guy thing I guess.

I didn't want to wake Rhonda.  I turned the computer off eventually and tried to go back to sleep, but no dice.  When I heard her stirring, I just went ahead and got up.  I wanted to shower and all before brunch so that if the boys wanted to go play today I would be ready to do so.

Brunch was at Stax Omega (where we always go) and the food was as good as ever.  Logan was having a hard time finding something to eat since he's eating vegan this week.  I applaud his efforts, but I know it isn't for me.  I would love if it were possible and practical to do it, but the fact is that there are just too many critters and critter by-products in our food system to really do it well without it being a big encumbrance.

As it turns out, the boys had plans to day to go and wrap presents for AID Upstate, and then Logan had his family Christmas tonight, so they weren't free to play - well at least initially.  Marty and Petal wanted to go to the Anderson Jockey Lot, and I told them I would go with them and act as tour guide, which I was happy to do.  Rhonda went with us, and Russ wanted to go, so he dropped the boys off and came too.  Now it was the makings for an epic trip, but the weather had turned off misty/drippy, plus we were getting a pretty late start, and I knew there wouldn't be many folks down there.  There weren't.     

All the outside vendors were gone, and a lot of the inside vendors hadn't bothered to show up.  But of the vendors that were there, we saw. Every. Single. One.  Russ was in Lady D mode again today, and we were there for hours as he painstakingly combed though every craptastic thing that was on offer.  He and Petal spent about twenty minutes at one point going through a rack of vintage women's clothes that looked as if they would have been rejected by Goodwill.  But it was nice to spend some time with Marty, Petal, Russ, and of course Rhonda.  I just tried to relax and treat it like a social occasion, but towards the end my feet and legs were hurting from all the standing and waiting, and I got rather inpatient. 

Eventually, though, it was time to go.  We bid our farewells and I dropped Rhonda at her place, then headed to mine.  I was pretty tired.  I wanted  a nap, and there were things to do, but I didn't feel like doing them.  It was rainy and dreary, which was pretty much how I felt.  I was mad at myself for letting a guy do this to me.  I fell into the internet vortex for a while and chatted online while I watched Princess Bride for the forty-leventh time.  I was chasing guys basically to watch them run, because they were having none of me.  John was online, but I didn't feel like riding out to BFE today, and I'm trying not to go back out there anyway. 

I saw Josh online again, and just as he initiated a conversation, Russ sent me a text and told me to come over.  I wasn't going to turn that down.  I signed off abruptly, but texted Josh on the way over.  He wouldn't answer his phone.  Crickets.  Whatever.  MEN!  I'm going to become a lesbian.  Well no, I can't afford a neovaginoplasty.  They're like $15,000.00.

Since I was already in a crappy mood, I went ahead and called Jason.  I had planned to do it yesterday, but had put it off.  Of course I got his voice mail.  So I just left a voice mail basically telling him I was done, and suggesting that he spend some time with his dad and his friend Rodney over the holidays.

The decks now officially cleared, I got to Russ and Billy's just in time to see the end of a gay romantic comedy (which I was SO not in the mood for) and then we headed to dinner.  We ended up going to Cheddar's tonight.  I guess because of the holiday hang-over from all the parties and the nasty weather we were able to get a table.  Dinner was nice and it was good to spend some time with the boys.

By the time dinner was done, though, it was time to go to bed.  Tomorrow starts the crappy week at work.  I have a lot of work to do before I can go on vacation, plus Dad's birthday.  I'll be ready for a break after this week.     

No comments: