Sunday, December 23, 2012

A post in which it is a day out with Rhonda

I woke up in a great mood.  I decided I wanted to see Rhonda.  She was up and wanted to go run around, so I picked her up and we were off to Barnyard flea market.  I hadn't really planned to buy anything, but of course since I decided not to carry my backpack, we bought pretty much everything that wasn't nailed down.

I bought:
- a long underwear shirt for me
 - a t-shirt for Rhonda
 - some Mio for the house
 - some Amish cheese (the guy was down from PA selling it)
 - a present for Dana
 - another present for Mother

We generally just had a gay ole time.  The weather was nice enough (if overcast), and we were in fine spirits and enjoying each other's company.  Rhonda told me that she needed to look for an electric can opener, but I dissuaded her from buying one at the flea market.  When she went to look at something else, I quickly called Billy and dispatched him to buy one and have it wrapped and under the tree from me for later. 

After the flea market, we went to lunch at Fried Green Tomatoes, where we had a cutie lil young'un waiter who was nice too, and the baby limas were so good that I could have thrown them in the floor and rolled in them.  I got a pint to go. 

Next we went to Whole Foods, since Rhonda said she needed a few things.  She's got this idea of making her own granola.  She's crazy about it, and it is expensive.  Also, a lot of it is high in sugar, and she doesn't need that.  As it turned out, most of what she wanted from Whole Foods was stuff I could help her with, so she didn't have to buy that much.  I picked up a Quorn Turk'y Roast, and some peanut and coconut spread I had read about at the oil place yesterday in a list of Oprah's favorite things.  I'm pretty stoked about that. 

After all of that, we went back to my house, stowed the finds, and I got cleaned up for Christmas with Russ, Billy, and Logan while Rhonda wrapped their presents.  So far, I have not wrapped a single present this year!  And Yay me. 

The afternoon was pleasantly uncontrolled chaos.  When we got to the house, Billy was still wrapping presents.  He was in exactly the same place I found him yesterday.  Russ was purposing all over the place.  I got Logan to make the DVD player work and put in a Christmas DVD, then retired to the sofa to wait.  Eventually, everyone gathered in the living room and we set to.

Rhonda was quite surprised to find the can opener!  I love elfing on that level.  I had made sure that she got the other things she wanted too, and she seemed to like the bracelet I bought here.  I felt a teeny bit bad about that, because RBL ended up getting the practical things, and I bought fun stuff (except for the can opener).  She was also tickled with the pillow cases.  Logan really loved the tshirt I bought him, and Billy was happy with his movie tickets.  Russ griped about the fact that he wasn't going to get his until Christmas day, but then he's a grouser. 

I got a gift card to Fresh Market (Yay!) and a new pair of snugly lounge pants.  It was a nice Christmas.

Next we had dinner out with Vince and Brian at Lieu's.  They have finally closed on the condo, and Brian is preparing to leave for Oregon again.  There were a bunch of people there, and we had a raucous but pleasant meal. 

By the time all that was over, I was pooped!  I dropped Rhonda at her place, helped her carry in her swag, and then headed home.  I have another long day tomorrow.

No comments: