Monday, December 17, 2012

A post in which there is so much shopping

It's a shame I don't have a bit more money to do it with!

We had a free pizza lunch at work today, which was nice.  That also took the pressure off finishing up my shepard's pies tonight, although it would still be a good thing to have done.  Work today was trying to get to what I need to do.  I have to get my calls out of they way first, and I have so many files on my desk from the end-of-the-year dumpage that this is difficult.  I did manage to get a write-off done before I got sucked into a stupid conversation with a bankruptcy trustee in Canada.  As stupid as the bankruptcy laws are here, they are infinitely more dildonic in Canada.  By the time I got off the phone, it was 6pm, and I was done.

My first stop was Total Wine.  I hadn't picked up Tony's present yet, so I got that out of the way.  Next was Ross.  I was looking for a little present for Rhonda I had decided to get, but no dice.  Dammit.  Wish I had known she wanted this before now.  I did get a picture frame for the photo Lisa gave me from the Thanksgiving session, which I had been meaning to buy, and just not doing it for some reason.

I had to pick up Dad's birthday present tonight.  I had asked Eve for some suggestions because Dad is impossible to buy for.  Really having his birthday in freakin' December (two presents in one month - really?) has to be out-lawed somewhere in the Geneva Conventions.  Her suggestions were sketchy.  She suggested a hoodie. I'm thinking really?  A hoodie?  I asked her if he had one, and she said he did, but he didn't really wear it very often.  Which would figure, because I had never seen him in it.  But the other ideas seemed to be things she wanted him to have, rather than things he would actually like to have.  I started to the big and tall place, but their prices are way high, and Burlington Coat Factory was right on the way there.  They have a good big and tall section, so I decided to check there first.  I ended up picking out a zip hoodie for Dad.  Will he ever wear it?  Who knows.  I tried to pick out something he would like - navy and gray, and very basic.  But I got a gift receipt to wrap with it just in case.  He'll know I tried at any rate - I hope it really IS the thought that counts.

I could have gone home then, and I was pretty hungry.  I also needed to cook.  But I wanted to check the Ross on the other side of town for Rhonda's present, and I figured I wouldn't feel like cooking tonight anyway.  I headed for the other side of town, and once again struck out at the Ross there.  I couldn't remember whether or not I had anything to wrap Dad's gift in, and didn't have a card, so I ran in the Dollar Tree for that stuff.  Thankfully, I didn't get stuck in there tonight, although I was cruised rather aggressively by a woman in there.  Either that doesn't happen that often, or I don't notice it, but I was only uncomfortable for a moment. 

After that, I gratefully headed home.  I was cold and tired.  I got in and started putting things away.  I made a big salad for dinner, and drank the last of the iced tea in the fridge.  By the time I got the kitchen cleaned up, it was after 9pm.  I brushed my teeth and turned in with the computer, chatting online for a bit before I finally went to sleep.  Of course, since I wasn't really interested in guys tonight, I was the belle of the ball, and talked to a couple of nice guys.  My feelings are still a bit bruised though. 

No comments: