Saturday, November 3, 2012

A post in which there is a lot to do

I woke up this morning to one of the most delicious cups of coffee I have ever had.  Miss Kat has an espresso machine now, and she is ROCKIN' it!  Yum.  I brought my waffle iron with me so I could make them waffles this morning, but they had hair appointments, so they went off to see Russ after coffee.  While they were gone I straightened up the den from last night, washed the dessert dishes (from ice cream last night), and started making waffle batter.  When they got back we scrambled some eggs and I made waffles.  They really seemed to enjoy them. 

I hung out for a bit after breakfast, but Miss Kat got called in to work, and Dana was purposing around the house.  I really just wanted to take a nap, but there were things I had to get done today - especially if I wanted to play with the boys tomorrow.

I packed up and left there.  Miss Kat was nice enough to dig out a radiant space-heater for me to use until my heat gets straightened out.  I ran by the grocery store for veggies.  I hadn't been up in time for the flea market this morning, and had been dis-inclined anyway.  I had decided to make a pot of curry for lunches next week, and I don't buy spinach at the flea market anyway. 

I got home, opened up the windows to let the warmer air in (it turned off warm today), and made a pot of spinach and broccoli curry.  It's missing something. It isn't burned or anything, but there is a richness that is lacking.  It's probably the ghee I'm missing, and I'm trying to do without it because it is pure cholesterol, basically.  So I packed up the curry, cleaned up the kitchen, put a load of towels in to wash, did the cat chores, and got cleaned up.  By the time I had done all that, it was time to meet the boys and think about supper.  So no nap-time for me. 

The boys were at a zombie run today, which is a marathon where you are chased by people dressed up like zombies.  It sounds perfectly dreadful to me, but Logan loves them.  This one was in Spartanburg, but he's gone as far as Atlanta to go to one.  Takes all kinds I guess. 

After some coordinating text messages, I met them at the house.  They came in with Logan's run-buddy Doug (aka Dougie) who is, interestingly enough, heterosexual.  He was a nice enough guy though. We headed out to Irashiai for supper, which was delicious. 

Logan was tired, and so was I.  After supper, we just went back to their place to watch a movie.  It seems to take forever to get everyone in the room at their house, and we really never quite succeeded tonight, but after some discussion, we put in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.  I hadn't seen it in a while, and Logan had never seen it.  I am not much into marshal arts movies, but this one is multi-layered.  Logan was a bit impatient with the sub-titles, and this is a movie that really needs repeat viewings to catch all the sub-plots and really appreciate the surprising delicacy of some of the scenes; but it is a lush and gorgeous movie, and he eventually settled in to watch it. 

By the time the movie was over, though, we were all wiped.  Dougie headed for home, and I settled in to their comfy guestroom with a copy of a cool vintage depression glass book, again spoiled for friends with superior guest accommodations. 

No comments: