Sunday, November 18, 2012

A post in which it is Sunday*

I was up at 4:30am this morning. Ugh.  I was restless about the door, so I just got up and put the latch back together, and re-set the strike plate (I had borrowed a wood chisel from Dana for this last night).  So the latch works, but I don't think I'm going to be able to use the pretty door knob.  The little tiny screws that keep the door knobs from screwing off the connecting spindle are gone.  The ones from the old knob won't fit the new one (probably because it is a reproduction and is metric), but it looked so good I left it on and vowed to try to find parts for it.  After opening and shutting the bathroom door a couple of time, thrilled that the repair had worked, I went back to bed. 

I didn't get any more sleep, but fell into the internet vortex for a while and ended up making a very pleasant buddy visit though.  He was up early too.  Sadly I haven't heard from John lately, although I would like to.

When I got home, I had pizza for breakfast and then made my spinach dip.  After that I settled in for a much-needed nap.  Thankfully, I got it, although Crooner had wedged himself under my armpit so I couldn't move.  I woke up stiff and hungry.  Once I started moving around though, I did OK. 

I turned on telly and watched an old Joan Crawford movie called Queen Bee.  It was one of hers that I hadn't seen, and although it wasn't so great I enjoyed watching it.  I had a bowl of spinach dip for lunch (pretty good, but I got too much mustard in it, and it could have used full-fat mayonnaise), and then put my potatoes on to cook.  I used a recipe my mother got from her copy of The Joy of Cooking that she got when she married my father.  I used some of the rosemary Wilenda had given me for my birthday (which I dried) and did a cream sauce in place of the cheese sauce called for.  That recipe always turns out good. 

Casablanca came on next.  I think that movie must be a straight thing.  I've never really cared for it, but it worked fine as background while I changed sheets, switched out laundry, did chores and put my potatoes away.  Then I sent the boys a text to see what they were doing before I got cleaned up and headed for the hardware store. 

I got a text from Logan that they were good to go, so I didn't really have time to look around the hardware store today.  I grabbed some light bulbs for my under-the-counter lighting in the kitchen and just headed back out. 

I got to RBL's house and we decided to go out to Irashiai for supper.  They had tried a place last night that was in the old Myako building, and the food was so bad that they were still craving sushi.  That suited me fine.  We had a lovely meal, then went back to their place and snuggled up in our jammers to watch Girls Will Be Girls, which Logan hadn't seen.  I LOVE that movie!!  It was good to see the boys, and it was a nice evening.  Plus my bathroom door with latch again!!  Hooray!!

No comments: