Friday, November 9, 2012

A post in which Jason comes*

When I got up this morning, I went outside to inspect the heater.  I hadn't been able to get a good look at it last night.  It looks good, and impressively new.

Work was work.  I was a good boy and ate my packed lunch.  I finished up the cook book today.  I have all the recipes ready to roll, the table of contents completed, and everything is numbered.  It's ready to go to the printer.  There's one problem.  The title.  I had the perfect title in my head last week, and it is now completely gone.  I want something with a bit more zazz than "Family Favorites" or something like that, but I'm drawing a blank.  A complete blank.  I put a post up on Facebook asking for help, but so far the suggestions have been pretty un-inspiring.

Because I knew Jason would be late, I had scheduled some errands to run on the way home.   I stopped off to take the recycling, then got home and changed the sheets.  I folded laundry and waited.

Jason got in around 8pm, and we headed out to dinner at Tuk Tuk Thai.  I had the "On the Beach" dish again, a house specialty, and it was just as good as last time, but hotter!  Still it was delicious.  Jason orded a level 4 heat (out of a possible 5) and lit himself up, but said his food was still great.  We'll be going back. 

I stopped by the grocery store on the way home for some pecans for breakfast in the morning, but it was almost 10pm when we got home.  It had been a long day for both of us, and he had had a long drive today.  We turned in when we got home.

No comments: