Sunday, November 11, 2012

A post in which it is not such a great day*

We were up early again today.  We ended up in a big discussion about the relationship that we needed to have, but one that wasn't easy.  It reminded me of how much work it is to be married.  Discouraging, but I thought the talk went pretty well.  I made a simple breakfast because Jason said he was so stuffed from yesterday that he couldn't think about a big meal.  Fair enough.  We had eaten a lot of food yesterday.

We went over to White Horse flea market this morning mainly because I needed fruit, but also I wanted to look for glass.  Again, zilch.  They didn't have any pears that looked good either, so I didn't get any produce.  Amazingly, we left without buying anything.  We did look around some neighborhoods on the way home.

We got back to the house and tried to decide what to do.  We were going to the movies today, but it was too early for that.  I called Miss Kat, but Dana was still in the bed, and they weren't up for company today.  The boys were in Atlanta, which for some reason I had no inkling of. 

I got cleaned up and did a few chores.  Then we decided to go get some lunch and think about the movie.  We went to Gourmet Pizza for the buffet.  It was good, but the only meatless pizza they had on offer was plain cheese.  I would have liked some olive or something, but a) it wasn't like I needed more pizza; b) I had plenty to eat; and c) I know they have to cater to the general public. It was fine. 

We looked about a movie, but the only thing playing I wanted to see was Frankenweenie, and it was only playing in one theater, and only in 3-D.  Jason doesn't like the 3-D (he says the glasses give him a headache) and truth be told I'm not crazy about it, so we just decided to skip the movie. 

We talked about some other stuff to do, but I was just tired.  I felt really run-down and yucky for no good reason.  We went back to the house and lay down for a while with a movie.  I took a nap and Jason surfed the net reading about his icon, Serena Williams

Jason wanted me to come meet his dad today, but after last night, I was just parentsed out for the meantime, and I begged off.  Plus the nap didn't seem to have helped.  I felt cranky and out-of-sorts.  He decided he would go spend the night with his dad tonight to spend some time with him, and that was fine with me.  I know he needs to see his dad, and I just needed some down-time.  Jason is very high energy and needs a lot of attention.  I just wasn't up to it this afternoon. 

He packed up his stuff and went on to his dad's. 

I put my left-over enchilada casserole in the oven (I had decided on that for lunches this week) and put my plantains on the stove.  I followed the recipe, and again ended up with bland, tough, potato-starchy plantains.  This even after I added water to the pan and cooked them longer than it said.  I think I am buying them too green for sweet plantains. 

I just kept feeling worse, and more run down.  Eventually, I packaged up my lunches, ate a few plantains for supper (I was off my feed, yet another bad sign), cleaned up the kitchen, and went on to bed.  Happily, after having crap on TV all day today, I was able to tune in to The Next Iron Chef to go to sleep by.  I LOVE that show. 

No comments: