Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A post in which I attempt to spend some money, with limited success

By the end of the day today, I was finally, FINALLY caught up from the deluge of accounts on Monday.  Everyone was contacted appropriately, everyone was checked in, my calls were made, and my write-offs were all turned in.  I was wiped, but it seemed like a miracle.  I left work only slightly late, and made my way out into the world. 

My goal tonight, and my reward for not running screaming into the hills this week, was frozen egg rolls. I had been craving egg rolls for a couple of days, and the only real way to be sure they weren't full of dead things was to get them and heat them up myself.  (I suppose I could have made some, but that wasn't happening). 

On the way to my reward though, I was going to check out the Ross Dress for Less at Cherrydale for some more citrus body wash.  I felt vaguely guilty about this, because I really should be Christmas shopping at this point, but I was able to work through it.  That was made easier by the fact that they didn't have any either.  They had the mango whore scent, but not the good one.

Undeterred, I moseyed next door to the Dollar Tree for some fancy crackers.  I noted Monday night that I had mowed through a considerable portion of my stock and needed refurbishment.  Plus, it's just always fun to go in the dollar store.  I got my crackers and nosed around for a while, but there wasn't anything I really wanted to buy.  Since I've gotten out of the habit of decorating for Christmas, I enjoy seeing all the stuff in the stores, but it isn't like I need any of it.  About the time I got in line, I got a good look at it.  I've had some unpleasant experiences in this store.  Tonight, there was one register open, five people in line, and two buggies piled high.  And a partridge in a pear tree.  I decided there were no crackers I wanted bad enough to stand in that line.  I put them back and left for the grocery store.

I got my egg rolls and a couple of other odds and ends.  I don't have an Ingles card, so I wasn't tempted by sales and stuff.  To appease my conscience, I picked up a discount bag of salad and headed for the house.

I put together the salad and ate that and washed dishes while the egg rolls baked.  After the egg rolls I was just getting ready to relax a bit when I realized I didn't have any veggies for tomorrow.  I had eaten the last of my brussels sprouts today.  So back into the kitchen I went, and watched a documentary about Bette Davis while I cooked sprouts and got ready for bed. 

No comments: