Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A post in which I had planned such a quiet day

I had my ducks in a row, and was getting my write-offs done.  Then Canada placed FIVE freakin' dead accounts - I mean seriously, four of them were a year old.  And they have to do this today?  Cleaning off their desks for year-end.  Lazy sods.

I got to work checking them all in and getting them sorted.  I also emailed the Canadian supervisor to explain that they would get better results out of my department if they placed accounts before the companies burnt down, fell over, and sunk into the swamp. 

Although I had plenty to do, most everyone else at work was already on vacation.  They let customer service go at about 3:30, but I was busy.  People kept asking "Why aren't you leaving?", but my boss hadn't told me I could leave, and I needed to keep working anyway.  I am technically credit staff, and the credit supervisor here would have her people work through heart surgery, so I knew they weren't going anywhere.

My boss was a little surprised at the amount of paperwork I was putting through his office though.  The thanks I get for being a diligent employee...

My productivity ended when I walked out the door to leave the office.  I was drunk on the four-day weekend stretching before me, and pretty much couldn't be bothered to do anything when I got home.  Everything could wait until tomorrow.  I changed out of my work clothes and lolled on the sofa like a drunken emperor until time for bed. 

No comments: