Friday, November 16, 2012

A post in which it is Friday, blessedly

I went in to work today caught up and glad of it. 

I got through the day pretty well.  I haven't gotten any ISO documents done this week, but my plan is that next week I will reconcile accounts and do write-offs (there won't be much to do next week anyway, all the AP clerks having taken off for Vale, or whatever the hell they do when it gets close to a holiday).  Then I have a full week the following week to do those stupid documents and check on when the next part of the project is due.

I took my lunch hour and left the office on time.  Traffic was surprisingly light, and I wondered how many people had gotten off early to head out for the week next week.  I'm saving my vacation time for Christmas (off from 12-22 through to 1-2 - WOOHOO I can hardly wait!!), but it's nice when things are more quiet close to a holiday.

I heard from the doctor's office today about my cholesterol.  It's 226 (down from 238 last time).  They want to put me on another cholesterol medication (this one a non-statin, but still).  I kind of feel like there may be some over-reaction there.  I'm trying to decide if I'm as worried about this as they are.  The 'desirable' level is under 200, but I'm pretty close to that.  Meanwhile, they have called in a prescription.
I had two goals for the weekend.  I wanted to get the felt to put between my china.  I have a nice set of Wedgwood, but I'm using the packing bubbles between pieces right now, which is just shameful.  I also want to fix the latch on the bathroom door.  It's been driving me crazy for months, and I've finally figured out how to fix it. 

I decided I would treat myself and go to The Fresh Market for supper.  I had an unused portion of the gift card Miss Kat and Dana had given me for my birthday, and I decided dinner tonight was on them.  As I was headed that way, I passed Michael's, and stopped in to get the felt for the china.  I walked around and looked at all the Christmas decorations while I was in there (surprisingly, owls seem to be the hot thing this year - a 9" white glittery owl is going for $21.99 {!!}, and I saw several other owl-centric Christmas decor ideas - who knew?), and happened across a selection of wooden dowels.  Perfect.  That saved me a trip to the hardware store. 

Leaving there, I headed for the Fresh Market.  I just love going there.  The staff are so friendly.  The store is beautiful, and smells like fresh roasted coffee.  I always enjoy just going around looking at things before I buy.  They had all the Christmas candy out.  It was so colorful and happy looking that I really enjoyed just looking at it.  Eventually though, I made my pretty much standard purchases there.  I got a piece of their lovely dill-dijon salmon, some of their crostini (which I love, but which have gotten progressively more greasy, I'm sorry to say), and a container of their gorgeously delicious pimento cheese.  The pillow cookies (my usual dessert from there) didn't look so pillow-y, so I opted for an almond croissant for dessert. 

I got home and unloaded all the stuff, then settled in to eat.  Although I had planned on saving the pimento cheese for lunch tomorrow (pimento cheese, crostini, and tomato is one of my very favorite lunches EVER), in the end I couldn't resist and ended up eating half of it after I finished the salmon.  But I figured after this week, I deserved it. 

No comments: