Sunday, November 25, 2012

A post in which I accomplish little*

Mom seemed kind of ready to get moving this morning.  She was going to church this morning, and I was leaving in time for her to go.  I had a turkey sandwich and some pumpkin pie for breakfast, loaded the car, and headed out. 

It was a beautiful day, and a nice day for a drive.  I was feeling, shall we say, anxious.  I put out the critter call.  Jeremiah said he would come over, but in typical Jeremiah fashion backed out when I got home.  There was plenty I needed to do, but I pretty much ignored it all and fell into the internet vortex.  Eventually, I saw John.  He has changed his profile for some reason, and didn't come up on my friends list when he signed on.  I thought that maybe he wasn't interested in getting together anymore, but he eventually responded and I made plans to go out there. 

Unfortunately the visit was pretty unsatisfactory.  John quit his job in a fit of pique.  (Really?  Right before Christmas?)  So he wanted to complain about that.  Then he gave me the health update on his mother.  Pretty much mood killers.  Unsurprisingly, the visit really didn't go that well.  I don't think I 'm going back out there.

Afterwards, I headed home, HUNGRY.  I called Justin, and then Billy, but neither answered.  I went through the grocery store to pick up the last thing I needed for stuffing - mushrooms - and then wandered around trying to decide what to get for a late lunch.  In the end, finding a bag of Munchos pretty much sealed the deal.  I bought a bunch of junk, went home, munched out, and then passed out for a nap.

Billy did call me later.  A series of texts had gone out about going to the movies, but Vince wanted to go see Red Dawn, which I had 0 interest in.  Plus I didn't need to spend the money.  Plus I was feeling to lazy and drug out to breathe in and out. 

I pretty much wasted what could have been a great and productive day.  I guess I needed some downtime.

No comments: