Sunday, August 5, 2012

A post in which we go to the flea market*

Now when Russ contacted me last night, he had said that they would be by about 8am this morning.  In my head I was kinda like Um yeah. Sure.  Russ is a notable slugabed.  I was up early, but figured I had plenty of time.  I had just moseyed out onto the porch with my coffee and a smoke (and not dressed yet or anything), when I had a text from Billy telling me that they were on the way.  I was quite surprised, but scampered back into the house to get ready, and I was ready when they got there.  They arrived about 8:30am, which is mind-numbingly early for Russ.  They had also brought me coffee and a biscuit for breakfast, which I thought was quite nice of them, especially since I couldn't resist teasing Russ a bit ("Up until today, it was only theoretical that you even knew there was more than one 8 o'clock in the day." I quipped, much to Billy's amusement.  I think I got away with it because Russ was still half-asleep).

We arrived at the flea market full of p&v.  I was along for the right, which was a good thing, because there was a notable dearth of glass to be seen today.  That was fine - less temptation for yours truly.  I did get a cantaloupe.  So I was exceptionally good, and had no qualms about going out to lunch with them today.  We went to Compadres for their buffet today, and it was delicious again.  All-you-can-eat shrimp is just this close to heaven in my book, I'm just sayin'.  Although the boys got mixed up with some nuclear-level hot sauce that was on offer, I had steered clear of it.

After lunch we split up and I headed back to my place and find out Jason's eta.  Sadly, just as I got back to the house, he called to say he wouldn't be coming until Tuesday, which left me rather at a loose end.

I cooked some beans that Eve had given me last week, and did some laundry.  As luck would have it, Jeremiah sent me a text, and actually showed up for a visit (unusual for him).  After he left I did laundry, and settled in with the Fox Sunday night line-up.

Jason and I have decided to go down to River's Edge next weekend, and I'm looking forward to that.  Maybe the boys will want to come too... 
 
The 'main area' at River's Edge.  Haven't been down in the last couple of years, but really looking forward to it!

No comments: