Friday, August 17, 2012

A post in which I go shopping

Alan stayed up late today, which resulted in some snippy emails to all of us this morning, but eventually he went on to bed.  Which suited all of us just fine.

It was a pretty quiet day after that.  I got my work done, and pulled recipes off line for the party game night Saturday.  Rhonda emailed that she is coming and will probably stay over (yay!). 

I ordered the Tiny Toons movie I've been waiting for.  It isn't released until next Tuesday, but I wanted to get the special advance order price.  To make up the balance for free shipping, I ordered a new little saute pan.  I just love the Green Pan ceramic non-stick saute pan I got from Target, and have been meaning to replace my other non-stick pans.  This one was cheap enough, I must say. 

After work I went to the store.  I had made a list of all the ingredients I needed for most of what I was making.  I haven't decided on a sweet yet.  I'm making:

- Tricia Yearwood's hot corn dip (I ate this once and really liked it, plus corn is a Lori-friendly vegetable) with Frito's scoops
- Knorr spinach dip (to which I add my own special 'secret' ingredients)
- crudites for Russ and Billy's diet

Lori is bringing a fruit dip, and Miss Kat and Dana are bringing chips and fruit.  Since we're only having heavy hors d'oeuvres that should be fine.

I was all over the store trying to remember all the party food, trying to get the regular groceries, and trying to get it all in order that the cold stuff would stay cold, and the frozen stuff would stay frozen.  In short, I walked about 75 miles in the grocery store.  $70 later, I emerged triumphant, if fagged.  Then I had to get it all in the car, get it home, and unload it all.  Which I did.

Then I realized I hadn't picked up anything for supper.  And I sure wasn't going back out.

So I ate some snacks, and vegged on the sofa for a while.  I talked to Lori online for a bit, finalizing plans for them to bring a card table and some extra chairs.  I wanted to go to bed, but knew I hadn't eaten enough to sleep through, so I made some popcorn, brushed my teeth, and turned in. 

No comments: