Saturday, August 25, 2012

A post in which I get some direction, eventually*

I was just kind of shiftless in the morning today.  There were things to do, but I spent a lot of the morning in the internet vortex, which resulted in a rather disastrous wild goose-chase to Mauldin, of all places.  But rather than actually do anything on the way back, I just went home.

I couldn't decide what to cook, which meant I couldn't do the shopping.  I had the lawn mowed because I wasn't going to be here next weekend.

Eventually I had a very successful buddy visit, enjoyed it tremendously, and decided to get moving afterwards. 

I went out to run errands.  I went to Petsmart for cat litter, and to the ATM for some cash.  I dropped into the dollar store for some cheap bleach, and to the grocery store for odds and ends.  I hauled off the recycling.

While I was doing this, I decided to get in touch with Rhonda.  No answer.

One of the things I was looking for was a water filter.  One of the little niggling jobs I got done today was to thoroughly clean my filter pitcher and replace the filter, but I need some more.  They didn't have them a the grocery store, so I stopped in at Rite Aid.  It had been a while since I had been in one, and I was quite surprised to find half of the drug store gone.  They had turned it into a little grocery store.  It was odd.  Half the drug store stuff wasn't there, and of course they didn't have the floor space to put in a real grocery store, so neither function was being done very well.  It will be interesting to see if this new business model works.  It seems like one of those things that sounds good to executives but really won't work in the real world.   

I had been able to reach Rhonda, who was house and dog-sitting for RBL.  I went by and picked her up.  We went out to supper at the Hibachi Grill Supreme Buffet, where I gorged myself on cheap shrimp, which was kind of my plan.

We went back to RBL's house and just talked and talked out on the smoking porch.  I'm one of the few that still smokes.  I really need to quit.  But it was a lovely evening, and some good quality time with Rhonda.  I love her.  We made plans to go to the flea market in the morning.  My plan is to be inspired by produce and suddenly have a revelation on what to cook. 

I went home and finished up some house stuff while I waited for my mattress pad to finish drying (another little chore I got done today).  There were drag queen stand-up comediennes on Logo to watch while I waited. 

No comments: