Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A post in which I go to the dentist

I was thinking that today pretty much had to be better than yesterday.  I was right.  Carla was back in the office today, and she and Jeffrey set about fixing things and doing their job, for which I was very grateful. 

I settled in to do my job, and got all my write-offs done.  What a good boy.  Sadly, it doesn't look as if I'll be able to get the approvals I need to process them.  Between Alan's and Dennis's schedules this month, the confluence doesn't look as if it will happen.  Meh.  They'll go through just as well later. There aren't  that many this money anyway.

I had a little scare right before I left the office.  It looked as if an account with a 36k balance had filed for liquidation, but that turned out to be a false alarm. 

I left the office with a clear conscience.  My desk was caught up, and I had worked through lunch.  It was all good.

I had my teeth cleaned by my very sweet dental hygienist Joanne.  She always kind of pets me.  She is such a nice woman.  My teeth were in good shape, and it didn't take a horrible long time to get them cleaned. 

Afterwards I went by Home Depot to look at tile.  They offer 7,000 eye-shattering colors of beige.  I could have anything I wanted as long as it was tan.  So it looks as if I'll be ordering the tiles from Floored, which is fine with me. 

When I got home, I really wanted a nap, but I fell into the internet vortex and ended up having a buddy come over for a while.  His visit wasn't the best, but he didn't stay long.  Which was fine with me.

I vegged, made a sandwich and some popcorn for dinner, and turned in more or less on time.  With the exception of Tuesday, this is turning out to be a peaceful week :)

No comments: