Friday, August 3, 2012

A post in which it is an absolute red-letter Friday!

I got into work today determined to do better.  When I signed in, I had an email from the co-worker who had so upset me on Wednesday:

    I did some research on the organizations that we discussed and you were right.  I found some very disturbing statements made during speeches and interviews.   I agree that these are very hateful and it has changed my perspective on them completely.  I just want to say that I am truly sorry for offending you.  I hope you know that I don't hate anyone,  I just didn't realize at these organizations were promoting the hate rhetoric.  You have helped me see things differently and I thank you for that.

I can't begin to tell you how amazed I was!  I pulled her into a conference room, and we talked it all out.  It turns out that despite her conservative background, I was quite surprised to learn that she is for gay marriage.  I apologized for not living my witness to her, and she said she understood and knew how hard that was to do.  We both just made up and I felt incredibly better.  I am encouraged!  Even here, there are good people.

Today was payday too, and I had already been invited to Miss Kat and Dana's tonight, so I was in a really great mood when I got off work.  I ran across town to Ross to pick up the pair of underwear I left the other week (since they are apparently the last pair to be found in Christendom).  I didn't really expect them to be there, but they were.  I scooped them up and was meandering towards the register when I received a text from Miss Kat.  Did I want catfish for supper?  You better believe I did!!  After some interminable delay at the register (that is the one drawback to shopping at Ross - you need the jaws of life to get out of there), I headed to the house, changed, and headed on over. 

On the way, I had a call from Jason - he's coming to town this Sunday!  In short, this day just kept getting better.

I got to Miss Kat and Dana's, and enjoyed gorgeously delicious catfish from Silver Bay. There really wasn't any catching up to do because we had just seen each other last night. Supper complete, we decided to watch a movie.  Miss Kat flipped through some of the on-demand stuff, but there was nothing terrifically appealing.  I have a copy of Personal Services, which I have left at their house for weeks in hopes of watching it with them.  They had never seen it.  She popped it in.  It's rather arty in places, and it had ambitions a bit above it's station, but it's a good movie, and a funny and touching look at the kink community.  Plus it's based on a true story.  It's one of my favorite movies.

But it's a bit slow to get started.  Miss Kat got into it, but Dana fell asleep.  But we finished it, and Miss Kat seemed to have enjoyed it.  It was a very nice cap to a lovely day. 

No comments: