Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A post in which I go to see the 'rents

Alan came back in today in a good mood (!!)  He cracked a joke first thing when he walked in the door.  I was amazed, but glad.  Apparently he took the day off to rest yesterday, and good for us.  My dildonic conference call was put off yet again.  So it was a pretty good day.

Alan approved my days off, so I'm set for Savannah this weekend, and for the beach in October.  I'm starting to get excited about going to Savannah now.  Rhonda is riding down with me, and we always have a good time when we go off together.

Dana called me today to invite me to come watch the first USC football game of the season with her Thursday night.  I was touched.  She loves them so much that I'm a fan by default.  That's a good thing since Jason is such a huge fan. 

Dad was pretty much on his best behavior tonight.  We went to Bimini's again for supper, and although my food was just as good, Eve was unhappy with her crab cake tonight.  She actually sent it back.  It was over-done, and had been deep-fried.  It's really hard to make a crab cake that will hold together enough to deep-fry and have it be fit to eat. 

We went back to the house and had a nice visit.  I was going to ask about ordering floor tiles, but they are having some problems with Daniel (the guy that's going to do to the work) so who knows when or if this is going to come together.  Plus, in addition to the time thing, they had some problems with the toilet leaking after he did their bathroom.  So I'm more trepidatious about him doing the work than I was before.  Oy.

No comments: