Thursday, August 16, 2012

A post in which I plan for the weekend

Work was quite brisk today.  Alan being in China didn't reduce the amount of reports I still had to do.  He probably won't have time to look at them, but he'll still want them to be there. 

I was able to eat my lunch in the cafeteria today, which was nice, although they were having a huge dildonic birthday party in there today.

So about noon or so, I get what begins a series of phone calls from my dad, asking about glass.  He's online looking at stuff and asking for my advice, for which I receive copious thanks.  That's as close as we get to an apology folks (caveat: his email subject line yesterday was "I'm sorry").  He knows he acted like a dick, and this is his way of making amends.  Fortunately I speak fluent dad.  And the fact that he makes amends is the important part, not how he does it. 

After work I went on home.  There is plenty to do - I need to buy groceries for the weekend if I'm having the gang in, but I don't get paid until tomorrow. 

I got home and was chatting online when the phone rang.  Dana was calling to firm things up for tomorrow.  JP and Lori will be there, Rhonda has confirmed, and Miss Kat and Dana are coming.  I talked to Billy and he and Russ will be there.  They will be bringing their own nibbles, thank goodness.  I'll get some veggies and do a veggie tray.

It's complicated to cook for the group.  Miss Kat and Dana are both notoriously picky, Lori won't eat any vegetables, Billy and Russ are on Weight Watchers, and I don't eat any meat.  Can you imagine the logistics? 

I once again blew off tending to my feets, watched telly, and wasted the rest of the evening on the computer. 

It should be a great weekend though.

No comments: