Monday, August 27, 2012

A post in which my movie is here!

That was pretty much the most exciting thing that happened today at work.  Which was fine with me.  The peace and quiet is over tomorrow.  Alan wasn't in the office today, as I had been expecting, but I knew Larney would be.  So I just eased quietly into my week.

After work I went to pick up a few odds and ends on the way home. 

I had a debate with myself, but finally bought some recycled toilet paper.  I recycle everything that comes into the house that can be recycled.  Because I'm the only person on my block who recycles, they won't pick mine up; so I haul it off.  I buy recycled paper towels and face tissue already, but toilet paper was where I drew the line.  First, I loves me some Cottonelle.  Or Charmin.  They are the very best, and in such a personal area, I want the very best.  But they both use trees to make toilet paper.  That's just crazy.  To chop down a tree to make something to wipe your ass with is just the ultimate expression of disdain for the planet on which we live.  The reason being (so I understand) that recycled fibers are shorter than new paper fibers, and longer fibers make softer, more cushliony toilet paper.  Plus the recycled stuff is just as expensive as the new kind.  But this was on sale, and didn't look too bad, so I'm going to try it.  If I can possibly stand it, I'm going to convert.

That major decision over, I went on home to watch Tiny Toons: How I Spent My Vacation!!  I freakin' love that movie, and it was just as amusing as I remembered.  I was watching it with an eye towards my friend Gail though.  I was going to loan it to her for her to watch with her son Jeffrey.  She's pretty protective of Jeffrey.  Of course this was a children's movie, but things change - it was made a couple of years back.  The only thing I noticed was the surprising amount of cartoon breasts on the characters.  They weren't naked or anything, but there were a good many of them, sometimes gratuitous, and sometimes there were specific 'boob'-gags.  I don't remember when all the cartoons got mastectomies, but it was a marked difference than the newer animated things I have seen lately.  Odd.

I stayed up to finish the movie, despite being very sleepy, just because it had been so long since I had seen it.  As soon as it was over, I put it in my briefcase so I wouldn't forget to take it, and went to bed.

No comments: