Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A post in which I am fretful

Fret, fret, fret.  That's what I spent most of the day doing today.  I did other stuff on the outside, but on the inside I was fretting.

It really pisses me off that my dad can still do this to me.  It really disappoints me that my own father can feel that I deserve to be a second-class citizen.  To add to that, I got an email this morning where he mixed in the crazy:

You know Steve, I have done everything I know how, to demonstrate I love YOU, unconditionally, since the day you were born.

I have accepted your lifestyle as being a big part of my son. I much prefer to have you in my life, gay or straight than to try to live without you.

But, regardless of how much I accept, adapt, and bite my tongue, I live every day knowing full well;

If the Democrats every come up with a campaign platform that would (1)force all firearm dealers out of business immediately, (2)confiscate all business and personal property and assets (including life savings and personal home) and (3)charge all firearms dealers as Convicted Felons rendering them unemployable for lifetime.

MY SON would be first in line at the polls to vote for the new Democrat slate in the morning.  


Note the tugs of guilt, and then he brings the Democrats into this.  I have no idea what that has to do with anything, but during an election year, all bets are off with my dad.  Sigh.  I thought we had moved beyond all this bullshit, but apparently not.  I have no idea where he gets this stuff from, but he really believes it.  Or at least puts forth that he does.  

****  

I put out the critter call today about Saturday night - mostly to crickets.  Well Miss Kat and Dana should be there.  

We were still thrown out of the cafeteria today, so on my lunch hour I went to the grocery store. I found out when I got back that we actually weren't barred today, but meh, it was fine.  I got some stuff done.  I filled up the car with gas.  Just as well to do it during the day.  I usually do stuff like that before or after work.  

I was free to go home this afternoon, but traffic was of course crazy.  I did call Rhonda to make sure she had the word about the weekend.  I was tempted to stop off for something tasty on the way home, but I couldn't do it because I had groceries to get home and into the fridge.  It was just as well.  I didn't need the added expense or calories.  

I ate dibs and dabs out of the fridge, and sorted things out in the fridge to make lunches easier for the rest of the week.  I watched some telly and folded the big load of laundry I had been putting off seeing to.  I brushed the cats.  I didn't sign on to the computer because if I had another email from Dad I didn't have the patience to deal with it tonight.  

Jason had sent me a text earlier in the day, and I had told him I was upset.  He called me tonight to check on me, despite all he has going on at the moment.  It was so sweet of him.  But I'm fine.  If I hadn't learned by now how to deal with my dad pissing me off, I would have gone insane long ago.  But it was good to hear his voice and to talk with him for a bit.   

I got off the phone, wondering if I really deserved someone who cares about me that much, but glad to have him.  

I went to bed feeling better.

No comments: